John Madden to Retire From Broadcasting

Well, for those of you who knew him in the mid-late '80's...this is a sad day. He certainly isn't what he used to be, but when all ya'll are 73 years old, you better hope you can do a job you love like he did. So, suck it, clowns...this is a sad day.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 11:42 AM)
Well, for those of you who knew him in the mid-late '80's...this is a sad day. He certainly isn't what he used to be, but when all ya'll are 73 years old, you better hope you can do a job you love like he did. So, suck it, clowns...this is a sad day.

My reaction as well. I haven't watched a lot of football the last few years, like I used to. But as a fan growing up with him, Madden was fantastic.

I think the only one I liked more back then was Hub Arkesh (sp?)

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 12:31 PM)
My reaction as well. I haven't watched a lot of football the last few years, like I used to. But as a fan growing up with him, Madden was fantastic.

I think the only one I liked more back then was Hub Arkesh (sp?)

Arkush, but not a big deal

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 09:21 AM)
I hope to god that this means Frank Caliendo will finally be rendered COMPLETELY IRRELEVANT instead of just mostly irrelevant

He's got 2 more years on his Fox Sunday contract. He was on the radio today and they were asking him how it was going to effect his career since Bush and Madden, his two best impersonations are now out of the public eye.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 05:18 PM)
Because it f***ing blows and I'm sick of it.

Sounds like someone who has gotten their ass kicked one too many times by some 12 year old on XBOX Live.

I'd rather listen to Madden than that pompous Collinsworth.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 16, 2009 -> 10:37 PM)
Sounds like someone who has gotten their ass kicked one too many times by some 12 year old on XBOX Live.

I don't play it on Xbox Live thank you very much. Why would I do that? I play games I like on Xbox Live.