Spring of '09 television season thread

BigSqwert

NBC announced the renewal of some shows today, announced some new shows sure to be on the fall line-up, and left a big question hanging over others. Sure to return: Heroes and the recently unveiled Southland and Parks And Recreation. They join a number of already renewed shows, including A.V. Club favorites 30 Rock, The Office, and Friday Night Lights. New shows include NBC's second adaptation of the 1989 movie Parenthood (the involvement of Friday Night LIghts' Jason Katims leaves us optimistic), the Joel McHale/Chevy Chase sitcom Community and two new medical shows. (Maybe ER didn't go off the air but underwent mitosis). Still left hanging: My Name Is Earl, Law And Order (which we always thought was immortal) and the beloved Chuck.

LINK

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ May 4, 2009 -> 11:42 AM)
I like Joel McHale so I will be interested in that show... wonder if he's leaving The Soup

I soooooo hope not. That show is awesome with him as host.

I just caught the end of How I Met Your Mother last night and I swear i hear the Bob Saget voiceover say soemthing to the effect of '..and that's how i met your mom' and then it showed

Ted running into Stella!

If anyone else saw it...did I interpret that right....are they saying that she is the 'mother' in question??? i wish i recorded it. i didn't realize it was a new one last night.

QUOTE (juddling @ May 5, 2009 -> 04:24 AM)
I just caught the end of How I Met Your Mother last night and I swear i hear the Bob Saget voiceover say soemthing to the effect of '..and that's how i met your mom' and then it showed

Ted running into Stella!

If anyone else saw it...did I interpret that right....are they saying that she is the 'mother' in question??? i wish i recorded it. i didn't realize it was a new one last night.

Yes, it appears that

Stella

is the mom

QUOTE (juddling @ May 5, 2009 -> 04:24 AM)

Ted running into Stella!

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ May 5, 2009 -> 06:48 AM)
Yes, it appears that

Stella

is the mom

I interpreted it the exact same way. Really an out of nowhere revelation!

I don't think she is the mother. Remember an earlier episode, they made it pretty clear it isn't her when the jump to the voiceover talking to two different kids in the future than the ones we are used to seeing. I think

Stella

maybe a connection to the mother, but not her.

Also, if you were in an area where the Obama speech pre-empted Scubs last Wednesday, the 2nd to last episode air TONIGHT and the 1 hour finale is tomorrow. ABC is just dubbing it the season finale so far.

I don't think she is the mother. Remember an earlier episode, they made it pretty clear it isn't her when the jump to the voiceover talking to two different kids in the future than the ones we are used to seeing. I think [omitted] maybe a connection to the mother, but not her.

Youre 100% right that in a past episode they showed his kids in the future and said "This is what you would have looked like had it worked out."

But I also seem to remember another episode where the "yellow umbrella" blocked the viewer from who he was with.

Obviously this episode was a teaser.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Brian @ May 5, 2009 -> 06:15 AM)
I don't think she is the mother. Remember an earlier episode, they made it pretty clear it isn't her when the jump to the voiceover talking to two different kids in the future than the ones we are used to seeing. I think

Stella

Maybe

Stella

hooks Ted up with someone.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 4, 2009 -> 02:08 PM)
Prison Break has been a clusterf*** for about 2 years now, but last Friday's episode was fantastic!

Also, my wife and I still watch Harper's Island. It's entertaining crap on the tube with some attractive females.

haha I watch harper's island too. I watched one and was like I can't stop now.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 5, 2009 -> 07:06 PM)
Yeah I thought I would stop watching Harper's, but now I actually am some what enjoying it. That creepy little girl is great.

Plus the fiance is amazing and the blonde isnt bad as well.

The finance plays the slutty friend in Taken. With maybe 10 more pounds on her body, she's be phenomenal. Any thoughts on who the killer is? With absolutely no inside knowledge, I'm thinking it's the British accent guy.

QUOTE (Brian @ May 5, 2009 -> 01:15 PM)

Stella

i thought that as well....hence my confusion. a season or two ago Ted said he went to some party and it turned out his wife was at the same party. Later, they indicated that Stella was at the same party leading you to believe it was her. I wonder if it was a writers mistake. i mean...it shouldn't be as confusing as Lost for pete's sake...lol

QUOTE (Cali @ May 5, 2009 -> 10:39 AM)

Stella

better not be the mother. Her character does absolutely NOTHING for me. Quite boring....

Sarah Chalke

is probably the #1 reason why I stopped watching

Scrubs

, can't stand her as an actress and oddly enough her character on HiMYM did nothing but annoy me.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ May 5, 2009 -> 12:28 PM)
On Yahoo there was just a link that said

"How I met Your Mother" reveals mother.

Oh Yahoo doesn't know s***...

Unless this is the last season of the show, why would they reveal the mother already? It's not like that big question being answered drives the show. They sometimes go episodes without even mentioning the "mythology" (haha) so it isn't the biggest thing in the world to keep that under wraps for a few more seasons...

Edited by Cali

QUOTE (Brian @ May 6, 2009 -> 06:07 PM)
Nice finale for Scrubs. Left things open in case. I missed the first 10 minutes because our power went out. Will watch it online tomorrow.

That was an amazing episode. That was a rare series finale that actually was really well done.