Sox @ Orioles, 6:05, CSN

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 08:58 AM)
What's the story on Bergesen? Is this his debut?

Yeah, you know what that means...Let's hope we break our trend of scuffling against pitchers we've never seen. If Jose can put in a quality start tonight, I will feel good about him. He has been hit hard so far, but pitching-wise he hasn't looked horrible, just needs better location. Get 'er done. I need a Sox win to cope with last night's playoff disappointment.

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 08:58 AM)
What's the story on Bergesen? Is this his debut?

Yes. He is a 23 year old who pitched in AA last year, then 2 games at AAA this year. Looking at his numbers, doesn't look like a power guy - more of a control pitcher (last year at AA, he had only 4.4 K/9, but just 1.6 BB/9). Finished last year with solid results. 4th round pick in 2004, has command of at least 3 pitches and a "lively low 90's sinker" according to scout.com.

So I was going to go to this game but because my wife has other arrangements she made recently, I have to stick around so I can pick up my stepdaughter from her basketball game.

The real question is, should I divorce my wife for hindering my ability to attend a Sox game?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)
The real question is, should I divorce my wife for hindering my ability to attend a Sox game?
I don't think anyone has ever had a better reason to get divorced, ever.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
So I was going to go to this game but because my wife has other arrangements she made recently, I have to stick around so I can pick up my stepdaughter from her basketball game.

I would have divorced my old ball and chain a long time ago becasue she has turned my grand daughter into a Red Sox fan, but... I am afraid of her and she makes pretty good money :lolhitting

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 12:20 PM)
I would have divorced my old ball and chain a long time ago becasue she has turned my grand daughter into a Red Sox fan, but... I am afraid of her and she makes pretty good money :lolhitting

In my case, my wife happens to be hot.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 11:20 AM)

In Montana???

:ph34r: :lolhitting

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 11:04 AM)

Convince the step duaghter that the opportunity to see Q is much more important than a basketball game. A nice evening out with the step daughter and Q could be memorable.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)
Convince the step duaghter that the opportunity to see Q is much more important than a basketball game. A nice evening out with the step daughter and Q could be memorable.

Indeed. It's a religious experience.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 12:27 PM)

She has seen him before, The Carlos Quentin even was kind enough to hit a homer.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 01:11 PM)
Rain delays may be a possibility the next two games. Which would suck.

It rained yard yesterday and I think the day before, it wasn't raining this morning, it'll probably be on and off for about the next 24 hours.

I'd like see a lot more out of our Cubans tonight.

Contreras vs Bergesen

Getz 2b

Fields 3b

Quentin lf

Thome dh

Dye rf

Konerko 1b

Pierzynski c

Ramirez ss

Anderson cf

Roberts 2b

Jones cf

Markakis rf

Huff 1b

Wigginton 3b

Scott dh

Zaun c

Pie lf

Izturis ss

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 21, 2009 -> 02:48 PM)
I'd like see a lot more out of our Cubans tonight.

Contreras vs Bergesen

Getz 2b

Fields 3b

Quentin lf

Thome dh

Dye rf

Konerko 1b

Pierzynski c

Ramirez ss

Anderson cf

Roberts 2b

Jones cf

Markakis rf

Huff 1b

Wigginton 3b

Scott dh

Zaun c

Pie lf

Izturis ss

MAN, is there big dropoff after Markakis....

Yes, I did see the #'s Huff put up last season. One season does not lead me to believe he's a good baseball player, though. JMO. Luke Scott...there's just something missing. Can't put my finger on it, but even when I saw him at Round Rock. He's just...I don't know.