World of Warcraft

DukeNukeEm

I was/am (though not currently) a big WoW fan. I picked it up right before the burning crusade, played about a year, then dropped it for a year, then picked it up right before the lich king, and then just recently dropped it again. After getting 3 guys to 80 and a DK to like 76 I called it quits (mainly because the schedule of the 4-5 people i played with got all messed up).

I'm a big video game nerd, and felt especially nerdy playing WoW as much as I did, but it was a great way to keep in touch with friends who live all over the country. It's also a really fun game that you can immerse yourself in. I dunno if there's another game out there that I could devote a 6 hour (or more) marathon session to (i've never been a fan of oblivion or fallout 3 and the like).

My only complaint is the ridiculous arena set up. Unless you know people you can't get the best gear, which is stupid. I also got tired of grinding and grinding and grinding to get enough honor/marks to get the best gear, which in 3-4 months becomes obsolete anyway. That's why I just leveled a bunch of different guys. At least that way I was experiencing something new most of the time.

I'll prolly sign back up if/when there's another expansion, but prolly not until then. Especially since by that time (anyone know if it's even in Blizzard's plans?) Starcraft II and Diablo III will be out.

QUOTE (DanksFan @ May 7, 2009 -> 08:27 AM)
I played for 3-4 months got to level 40 and quit. Boring game, and not worth paying for...

However...

Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 will be totally different stories....

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 7, 2009 -> 05:58 AM)
I used to play WoW and Everquest 2 a couple of years ago but i had to go cold turkey. MMOs are addictive as f***.

Me too, I played WoW alot 2 years ago and it sucked me in. I had to just uninstall and wash my hands of it.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ May 6, 2009 -> 11:16 PM)
WoW is the s*** and there better be other people here who play.

I got a level 50 subtlety rogue named Malkmus who can out-dps 55 fury warriors. He rocks. My WoW cock is enormous.

I never pegged you as a Warcrack addict.

I've never touched the game b/c I know what happened to me when I used to play Diablo 2...

• 2 weeks later...

I play, but commonly take spring/summer off -- but I leave my account active.

I've been playing since it was released in 2004, primarily the Hunter class, I tried a Warrior once and shortly after went back to my Hunters.

Over the years I've beaten (almost) everything in the game except for the newest dungeon that opened -- originally I played alliance, but the last few years I've played horde, below is my current character. I haven't really played since a few weeks before 3.1 was released, though.

This is me: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.x...;n=Hermntuthrot

I'm not playing right now since it's spring/summer, but as you can see, the guilds I'm with are pretty strong so if you had any questions feel free to ask. :D

Edited by Y2HH

just watched some in-game footage of Starcraft 2... so flippin' excited. I got to stop being a geek all through high school and college because it's been that bloody long since the first Starcraft came out. But now I can't wait to bring it all back.

I am a closet gamer.