Contreras Accepts Option to AAA

WSoxMatt

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it normally considered a good or bad thing to have a lefty-heavy pitching staff? Seems like a lot of teams can load up on right handed hitters vs the Sox now, however some big inter-division lefties(Hafner, Morneau, Mauer, Teahen, Gordon, Granderson) could be neutralized more effectively.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:15 AM)
Is it normally considered a good or bad thing to have a lefty-heavy pitching staff? Seems like a lot of teams can load up on right handed hitters vs the Sox now, however some big inter-division lefties(Hafner, Morneau, Mauer, Teahen, Gordon, Granderson) could be neutralized more effectively.

I think Pronk and Gordon are injured and out for awhile so thats good news

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)
I think Pronk and Gordon are injured and out for awhile so thats good news

Well yeah, but my point/question was encompassing the season, not just right now

Edited by kyyle23

Choo, Sizemore and Delucci are all left-handed, and then you turn around Martinez and Asdrubal Cabrera to the right side....it makes sense to use either Richard or Poreda here.

Although, in the long-term, they should stick with one guy for at least 3-4 starts in a row to see what he can do, unless his ERA is plus 8 or something ridiculously high, like Arnie Munoz after one game in Montreal.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:19 AM)
Well yeah, but my point/question was encompassing the season, not just right now

Team's rosters are what they are. If they hit well against lefties, they will be smiling at the schedule when they see the Sox coming to town. If they struggle against lefties, they will cringe.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)
Ozzie says Richard isn't developed enough to be a starter, then 2 weeks later, puts him in the starting rotation. Great job this past offseason KW.

Coop will fix 'em™

Ozzie pretty much lies to the media. More than likely, he just says something to the media for the sake of saying it

and later thinks about what his real opinion is.

How many times will this happen til we realize that Ozzie isnt constantly changing his mind so much as he's talking out of his you know what 24/7

I like Clayton. Hopefully he can become something decent here.

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:27 AM)
Ozzie says Richard isn't developed enough to be a starter, then 2 weeks later, puts him in the starting rotation. Great job this past offseason KW.

He also said he didn't think it would help Jose any to go to the bullpen, lol.

Our roster has so many issues, it's a miracle we're only 3 games back and still plodding along, with the same exact record (14-15) we had last year after 29 games.

We should learn a lot more over the next two weeks as we go back into the AL Central. 1-4 against the Royals is not going to cut it, we'd have to go 11-2 the rest of the season to equal our mark of 12-6 from last year against them, when it seems we had a really tough time beating them or putting them away in games.

Cleveland actually outdrew us by quite a bit on an equally cold (maybe colder) night at the same time the Cavaliers were playing against the Hawks. It was Cliff Lee bobblehead night, but the attendance numbers are never good at USCF unless the team's playing well or it's the summertime.

Of course, that all could change with a winning streak of 8-2 or 7-3 (somehow, we'd have to beat TOR), but the casual White Sox fans are rightfully skeptics this year.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (shipps @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
LOL caulfield,how did you sidetrack yourself into talking about Cavalier attendance?

Do you even realize that you do this on a consistent basis?

LOL, dont question the madness lest you become mad yourself

I wasn't.

The Cavaliers were on the road in Atlanta.

That's why I am trying to understand how the worst team in the AL pretty much outdrew us...it can't be because of that tremendous crossover of Blackhawk fans waiting for the 930 start in Vancouver.

PS: Maybe if KW and JR can get Obama to a game, we'd break the 30,000 mark. I have a feeling if the Bulls were in the 2nd round, the White Sox crowd would have been low 23-25,000 for a Saturday night.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 10, 2009 -> 11:34 AM)
He also said he didn't think it would help Jose any to go to the bullpen, lol.

Our roster has so many issues, it's a miracle we're only 3 games back and still plodding along, with the same exact record (14-15) we had last year after 29 games.

We should learn a lot more over the next two weeks as we go back into the AL Central. 1-4 against the Royals is not going to cut it, we'd have to go 11-2 the rest of the season to equal our mark of 12-6 from last year against them, when it seems we had a really tough time beating them or putting them away in games.

Cleveland actually outdrew us by quite a bit on an equally cold (maybe colder) night at the same time the Cavaliers were playing against the Hawks. It was Cliff Lee bobblehead night, but the attendance numbers are never good at USCF unless the team's playing well or it's the summertime.

Of course, that all could change with a winning streak of 8-2 or 7-3 (somehow, we'd have to beat TOR), but the casual White Sox fans are rightfully skeptics this year.

The team raised prices on everything, slashed payrolled by the 2nd biggest margin in baseball, and reminded its customers how bad the economy is. On top of that, the Chairman mentioned how boring the 2008 Central division championship team was. I really wonder what they are thinking.

The talk of how last year's record and this year's record is the same may be comforting to some, but I also think its the same or worse than it was after a similar number of games in 2007 when as late as August, the White Sox did have the worst record in the AL and maybe in baseball.

They need to pick up a major league player or two. I don't want to hear how KW saw someone's sinker in the AFL where that pitcher had an ERA of about 6.00 and tell me how its going to translate to huge success at USCF. Looking at KW's career stats, it appears his opinion of any pitcher's pitches is probably a bit overestimated.