Contreras Accepts Option to AAA

WSoxMatt

Could be Williams too, to reward him for his comeback and pitching so well in ST.

It doesn't really matter who they bring up if our offense doesn't wake up soon...poor Fathom's guy Betemit gets some PT and then proceeds to make an error. It's looking to be a long year, just doesn't feel like 2008 at all, especially with the way there's pretty much no home field advantage for this team. Last year, that was the biggest difference, and the quality of pitching we got in the first half of the season.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://blogs.dailyherald.com/node/1965

See? I wasnt hearing voices in my head telling me strange things

Contreras to minors?

Posted by scotgreg on Sun, 05/10/2009 - 13:42

Clayton Richard is in the White Sox' starting rotation.

And on his pregame radio show Sunday morning, Sox pitching coach Don Cooper said demoted starter Jose Contreras is headed for the minor leagues.

Contreras has to clear waivers, but he apparently gave the demotion his OK. If he does go to Class AAA Charlotte, Contreras can continue starting and maybe get his rhythm back.

One major-league scout who watched Contreras pitch Friday night had this to say: "I wouldn't say his career is over. His stuff looked fine to me. But you could tell he had no feel at all for his split-finger pitch."

As for Richard, he didn't show much (2-5, 6.35 ERA) as a starter last year. That's why I was thinking Class AAA Charlotte right-hander Carlos Torres would be a good option, but word is Torres is still a work in progress after being converted from a reliever to starter last season.

Richard starts at Cleveland on Wednesday

Edited by kyyle23

Richard will have better control, and actually know where the ball is going when it leaves his hand unlike Jose, but he WILL get rocked right around the 4th or 5th inning, if not the 1st or 2nd.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 11, 2009 -> 12:15 AM)
Richard will have better control, and actually know where the ball is going when it leaves his hand unlike Jose, but he WILL get rocked right around the 4th or 5th inning, if not the 1st or 2nd.

Don't jump on me too quick but Gobble down at Charlotte seems to know how to handle lefties they hit .056 against him he only attempts to pitch to right hand hitters with an era near nine. but has been doing better during his last 10 games. I predict we will see him soon coming out of our pen. Not for sure but KW never does the ordinary.

Jesus. Quit f***ing around and give Poreda the opportunity, already. What are we going to do, lose 4 or 5 games out of this spot in the rotation before he is atleast given an the chance? I'd rather do it now, since we know what we have in Carrasco/Richard. Not when we're 8 games under .500 entering June.

I know I'm going to be right, too. We'll go through the wheel of death, 5th starters spot trying Richard/Carrasco/whomever (maybe Pedro), then at some point, they'll promote Poreda. Maybe he'll be terrible, too. But even with a slider that works half the time I'd rather try that option than the assemblage of crap already on the roster.