GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN

Kyyle23

QUOTE (fathom @ May 31, 2009 -> 02:13 PM)
Who in the hell said that they were closing the book on Danks this season? Do you disagree that Danks hasn't been terrible since his good start this year?

Please see the following:

QUOTE (G&T @ May 31, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
Meanwhile, IMO, this is all Danks is going to give this season. I hoped for better, and I want better, but I don't think we are going to see it. He just can't get anything down.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 31, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
Danks has got to keep it close, as KC will have to use their depleted bullpen today.

if the arm fatigue arguement has any weight to it, it might not really be in his control to do, which is unfortunate as he's more/less supposed to be a #2 pitcher for us, at worst a #3 and that' sjust because of the lefty/righty/lefty (though we've got our rotation going righty/righty/lefty/lefty/lefty lately)

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 31, 2009 -> 07:18 PM)
Please see the following:

I will then reply that I honestly never saw that post, and couldn't disagree more with it. As I had said earlier, Cooper has his work cut out for him to get his mechanics back in order.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 31, 2009 -> 02:20 PM)
I will then reply that I honestly never saw that post, and couldn't disagree more with it. As I had said earlier, Cooper has his work cut out for him to get his mechanics back in order.

we're agreed on that front.

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 31, 2009 -> 07:21 PM)
we're agreed on that front.

I thought since his performance vs Boston at home last year (where he had a no-no thru 6, I believe) that Danks could become Johan-lite for the Sox. He just needs to keep his mechanics in check, and he proved last year he can do it. Put it this way: if Danks isn't an above average pitcher for the Sox over the next 3-4 years, then this team will not compete for the AL crown. He should be a 15-17 game winner every year.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 31, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)
Danks has got to get that change down

i was thinking the exact same thing

that 1-0 pitch was an 82mph changeup basically belt-high on the corner, easily crushable