GameThread: White Sox(23-25) vs Royals(23-26) 1:10 CT, WGN

Kyyle23

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 31, 2009 -> 02:25 PM)
I thought since his performance vs Boston at home last year (where he had a no-no thru 6, I believe) that Danks could become Johan-lite for the Sox. He just needs to keep his mechanics in check, and he proved last year he can do it. Put it this way: if Danks isn't an above average pitcher for the Sox over the next 3-4 years, then this team will not compete for the AL crown. He should be a 15-17 game winner every year.

again, agreed on all fronts. i still think he's going to be our ace in a couple years, barring another acquisition.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 31, 2009 -> 03:20 PM)
I will then reply that I honestly never saw that post, and couldn't disagree more with it. As I had said earlier, Cooper has his work cut out for him to get his mechanics back in order.

Meh, that's my opinion on it. I hope it's mechanical and that it's fixed, but I haven't heard anything like that said. I just think it's carry over from last year. I don't know that something like that is fixed.

QUOTE (Paint it Black @ May 31, 2009 -> 02:30 PM)
The price you will pay is in Wins if Juan Pierre is playing everyday on your team.

you DO know he's batting .400 correct?

QUOTE (Reddy @ May 31, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
you DO know he's batting .400 correct?

Small sample size. You trade for guys what you think they will do in the future, not what they did past. There is no way he does this all season. Low OBP thus doesn't get on enough to use his speed enough.