AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 10:06 PM)
32990904.jpg

they showed those ladies multiple times on the big screen at the game.

anyways, great game to be at, the rain held off, big 3 run homer by thome, solid pitching all around. cant ask for much more.

What's with Linebrink in the 9th inning? I know we had a 4 run lead, but Jenks didn't even get up after Thome's homer. Are we showcasing Linebrink in some save situations (or close to it) as trade bait for teams looking for a closer?

Or are we possibly thinking about trading Jenks?

I'm probably looking to much into this, but whatever.

Nice win tonight! Gotta love late inning wins.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 11:00 PM)
What's with Linebrink in the 9th inning? I know we had a 4 run lead, but Jenks didn't even get up after Thome's homer. Are we showcasing Linebrink in some save situations (or close to it) as trade bait for teams looking for a closer?

He's been suffering from the flu and Ozzie probably wanted to give him more rest, dont look that much into it.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 06:59 AM)
He's been suffering from the flu and Ozzie probably wanted to give him more rest, dont look that much into it.

That, and Jenks was warming up the entire bottom of the 8th inning until the 4th run scored, and only then did he sit down

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 12:00 AM)

It was a 4 run lead. Why would you run your closer out there if you don't need to?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 11:00 PM)

I was at the game. Jenks was getting warm for most of the bottom of the 8th, and only sat down after the lead got to 4 and it thus wasn't a save situation. You could even see him (jokingly) making angry gestures towards the field after the walk brought in the 6th run. It was nothing more than that in my opinion.

As for the game, it was a good one to be at and a nice win. I about froze my rear end off since the temperature dropped 25 degrees during my drive to the stadium, but at least the rain held off.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
I was at the game. Jenks was getting warm for most of the bottom of the 8th, and only sat down after the lead got to 4 and it thus wasn't a save situation. You could even see him (jokingly) making angry gestures towards the field after the walk brought in the 6th run. It was nothing more than that in my opinion.

As for the game, it was a good one to be at and a nice win. I about froze my rear end off since the temperature dropped 25 degrees during my drive to the stadium, but at least the rain held off.

Bobby's no dummy. He knows that a three run lead against a no-hit bunch like the A's is as easy as a save gets. He also knows that another 40 save season guarantees more $ in next year's arbitration. He has to get to 13-14 saves at the 54 game mark to stay on target, so he's obviously very close.