GameThread: White Sox(25-25) vs Athletics (19-30) 7:11 CT Comcast

Kyyle23

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't understand what Ozzie sees in Betimet and Pods, both need to be DFA ASAP. Pods has about as much power as an eldery prostate and Betimet seems to only come in to prove there is a worse fielder on this team then Pods.

I cant stand watchin them anymore, please make them go away Ozzie!

PS Beckham with another double and an error today, but if were gonna have a hack at 3B lets least get one who can hit!

We would have been better off just releasing Swisher instead of taking on this crap.

Think of it this way, was 2008 Swisher worth Gio Gonzalez, Ryan Sweeney, and De Los Santos? Apparently to some on this board, we shouldn't question the contributions of those who were part of a (weak) division team.

To answer my first question, I say "no."

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
We would have been better off just releasing Swisher instead of taking on this crap.

I like this. Question: Does Betimit have that good of an eye to take those borderline outside fastballs with 2 strikes on him? Seems like something a good hitter might not even be able to do. What a turd

Betemit's like a girl you don't want to date, but just bang on the side cause she's supposed to be good for an occasional bang. However, you then realize that she's not even good for the occasional bang....and you have to get rid of her.

QUOTE (santo=dorf @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 02:11 AM)
Think of it this way, was 2008 Swisher worth Gio Gonzalez, Ryan Sweeney, and De Los Santos? Apparently to some on this board, we shouldn't question the contributions of those who were part of a (weak) division team.

To answer my first question, I say "no."

I hate this question (not directed towards Santo, as I know exactly what he's saying). It's not that those guys have been good, but you could have got someone else really good for that package.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 09:09 PM)
????

Had a lot more in the post.

What it said was dont no what Ozzie sees in Pods or Betimet. They both need to be DFA ASAP. It seems the only reason betimet plays is to prove there is a worse fielder on this team then Pods. Both just need to go away!

PS Beckham has a double and a error today, if were gonna have a hack at 3B lets at least have one that can hit!

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 09:13 PM)
Betemit's like a girl you don't want to date, but just bang on the side cause she's supposed to be good for an occasional bang. However, you then realize that she's not even good for the occasional bang....and you have to get rid of her.

See I usually more see him as a baseball player..

Betemit hasn't gotten a hit since May 3rd

The White Sox are 6-13 (soon to 14) in games that Betemit has appeared.

Betemit has nine hits and five errors on the season...which is just under a 2:1 ratio, which would be good if he was a PG and we were discussing Assist to Turnover ratio.

His 3rd Base fielding percentage was .571 coming into the game today.

Please go away.

QUOTE (ChiSox420* @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 09:08 PM)
I just don't understand what Ozzie sees in Betimet and Pods, both need to be DFA ASAP. Pods has about as much power as an eldery prostate and Betimet seems to only come in to prove there is a worse fielder on this team then Pods.

I cant stand watchin them anymore, please make them go away Ozzie!

PS Beckham with another double and an error today, but if were gonna have a hack at 3B lets least get one who can hit!

Wow,just wow... :unsure:

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 2, 2009 -> 09:14 PM)
That was a good catch. Sucks for all the Wise haters...Wait, I mean everybody.

It was a catch that a normal CF makes in stride without looking like he had to put in max effort. For Wise and playing shallow, its a web gem. Thats the difference between a good OF and a guy using cunning and gile to get by.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 3, 2009 -> 02:15 AM)
It was a catch that a normal CF makes in stride without looking like he had to put in max effort. For Wise and playing shallow, its a web gem. Thats the difference between a good OF and a guy using cunning and gile to get by.

His catch at the wall was insulting last night. After seeing it again, it wasn't close to going out, but he lifted it over his left shoulder to make it seem tougher.