Summer of '09 television thread

juddling

Real World has been bad for awhile now, but the last two seasons, Hollywood and Brooklyn, sort of went back to its roots to what made it a good show.

Now this summer, Real World Cancun. Can't wait for the douche bag fest on that one. It will be awful and a joke. I'm sure I'll hate everyone on it.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 06:26 AM)
There was a show on one of the channels that was basically just a different 1 hour horror movie every week written by a different person every time. Anyone remember the show and if it's coming back or not? I assume not but maybe.

Fear Itself on NBC and it has been canceled as I assumed.

Brian, the last two Real Worlds were god awful. The one in Cancun looks pretty good, but we won't see until we get there. It looks like they replaced the token angy black guy over the past few seasons with the token gay guy. Brooklyn was a complete borefest though. In fact, that would be a complement for how crappy that show was.

Link

Six years after getting axed by Fox, Futurama is being resurrected on Comedy Central.

A spokesperson for 20th Century Fox Television confirms that the cable net has ordered 26 new episodes of Matt Groening and David X. Cohen's late, great animated series to air beginning in 2010. The studio cites Futurama's "blockbuster" performance on DVD and in reruns on Comedy Central as the reason for its rebirth.

Just watched the season premiere of Weeds.

Pretty good. The show is still kind of weird, watching some sort of warped train wreck. The bit where Silas asks Doug how he got the marks on his neck was worth a giggle, and no one giving a s*** about Celia was hilarious. I thought this episode was better than some of them from last year, but it's amazing to how selling weed is now a minor storyline within the episode. I also wonder how they're going to develop Silas and Shane in the series.

I still do miss the show about suburban weed peddling.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 04:36 PM)
Just watched the season premiere of Weeds.

Pretty good. The show is still kind of weird, watching some sort of warped train wreck. The bit where Silas asks Doug how he got the marks on his neck was worth a giggle, and no one giving a s*** about Celia was hilarious. I thought this episode was better than some of them from last year, but it's amazing to how selling weed is now a minor storyline within the episode. I also wonder how they're going to develop Silas and Shane in the series.

I still do miss the show about suburban weed peddling.

I need more lines from Doug. :lolhitting

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 04:14 PM)
f***ing vagina Brian. You ruined the show, at least you didn't tell me who won. I'm going to watch it tonight with the little lady.

I didn't spoil anything for you. You'll see.

Tosh.0 on Comedy Central is plain awesome.

Who's with me?

ComedyCentral.com has a hilarious video of him doing 4 internet videos at once.

Comedian Daniel Tosh takes a hit of Salvia, then tries to eat a tablespoon of cinnamon, then tries to eat 5 crackers and whistle, then tries to karate chop 100 coconuts.