Is Gordon Beckham a Bust?

Pants Rowland

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 10:07 PM)
Well he's 0 for 6 right now. So 69 for 75?

Give him some time. Wasn't it Robin Ventura that went 0 for 40 (or some thing similar to that), before he got his first hit. Obviously he didn't turn out so bad!

Like Beckham.........He also killed the ball before he got caught up.

Tim Kurkjian recently made a comment of what Thome said to him at spring training when Beckham was in the batters box, saying "Look at this kid, he's going to be something special!" He also said that he reminded him of Manny Ramierez when he first got called up. (Not sure if he was talking about his swing, his poise , or whatever)

Maybe someone else saw this on a recent baseball tonight episode and can more accurately quote it

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 12:47 AM)
Tim Kurkjian recently made a comment of what Thome said to him at spring training when Beckham was in the batters box, saying "Look at this kid, he's going to be something special!" He also said that he reminded him of Manny Ramierez when he first got called up. (Not sure if he was talking about his swing, his poise , or whatever)

Maybe someone else saw this on a recent baseball tonight episode and can more accurately quote it

His ability to grow dreadlocks.

This Thread must be a joke. You have to give him the benefit of the doubt. He is young and proved in the minors. This does not mean he will succeed, but he earned the right to play as many games as Fields and all other bombs the Chi Sox have.

QUOTE (Rooftop Shots @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 11:47 PM)
Give him some time. Wasn't it Robin Ventura that went 0 for 40 (or some thing similar to that), before he got his first hit. Obviously he didn't turn out so bad!

Like Beckham.........He also killed the ball before he got caught up.

oops! Make that "He also killed the ball before he got "CALLED" up. ........not CAUGHT up.

I know the thread itself is sarcastic, but in all honesty, even if Beckham struggled badly up here and had to be sent back to the minors for some seasoning, I think he'd be fine even then. We may have rushed him, but he seems like a mentally strong kid who can handle anything thrown his way. He'll be a very good major league player someday no matter what.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 11:48 PM)
This Thread must be a joke. You have to give him the benefit of the doubt. He is young and proved in the minors. This does not mean he will succeed, but he earned the right to play as many games as Fields and all other bombs the Chi Sox have.

It is a joke, relax.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 09:47 PM)
Swinging at 3 pitches in 3 at bats is the definition of cockiness. I knew we should have taken Smoak. The worst part of this is that it means the other guys at Birmingham also suck, as Beckham was the best of the bunch.

I believe this post fits in with the rest of the thread, whether it was your intentions or not.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 05:48 AM)

This is correct plus tell me someone on the Sox over these last two games that hasn't been as bad or worse? Beckham will get ythat 1st major league hit today is my guess and hope as I have him as my PTC.

QUOTE (Cubano @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 12:48 AM)

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 02:12 PM)
This is correct plus tell me someone on the Sox over these last two games that hasn't been as bad or worse? Beckham will get ythat 1st major league hit today is my guess and hope as I have him as my PTC.

..you guys are killing me.