BECKGAME THREADHAM: CLE @ CWS, 7:11pm WCIU

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:13 PM)
What happened to the Chris Getz everyone was in love with the first couple of months?

Injury-prone? He was ALWAYS the player you could count on to hustle to first base and push it on the basepaths to take the extra bag.

If he's become lackadaisical as a rookie, then this franchise really needs to examine what we're teaching in the minor leagues. Ozzie can "go crazy" and rant/rave all he wants to, but the bottom line is a fundamental lack of talent.

Getz, on a really good team like the 2005 White Sox is a utility player and not a starter.

what the heck are you talking about?? fundamental lack of talent? i don't think we have that, by ANY stretch of the imagination. Except maybe in RF right now.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:16 PM)
Wonder what the excuse will be tonight...since we have seen Pavano b4 and its also warm.

Add in that Pavano is hardly the pitcher he once was, and his stuff really isn't overwhelming. His numbers this year prove it. He can strike you out, but he'll still give up the hits.

Indians broadcasters laughing at BA's weak ass f***ing AB, they sounded just baffled at him swinging at the first pitch there

they are also discussing our pathetic XBH power we've exhibited this year, last in the AL in doubles, we're not even hitting for 2 bases, let alone homeruns

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:17 PM)
I hate when people talk about their fantasy teams, but I picked up Pavano in my AL only league because he was facing us.

i did that with scott richmond of the Blue Jays, went 7 innings of shutout ball.

i was THIS close to picking up Brett Anderson... should have.

If you looked at these two teams statistically on paper, you'd swear that CLE and CHW should switch places in the standings.

I think Ozzie is perhaps doing even better than 2008 to keep this team close to contention...it's all smoke and mirrors to keep the ship afloat.

How Wedge doesn't get fired is simply beyond comprehension. It would be scary if that franchise had a really good manager this past decade.

Even with Beckham, we might be the most boring team in all of baseball, unless you really enjoy bullpens.

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:19 PM)
Indians broadcasters laughing at BA's weak ass f***ing AB, they sounded just baffled at him swinging at the first pitch there

they are also discussing our pathetic XBH power we've exhibited this year, last in the AL in doubles, we're not even hitting for 2 bases, let alone homeruns

it's a team-wide epidemic. so what's the problem then? obviously the f***ing hitting coach. I get it ozzie, you like walker, he's great, but SOMETHING'S not working with our hitters.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:19 AM)
If I ever need a sharp grounder to the left side, BA's my guy. I hope he's wearing protection at the plate, cause he's f***ing himself over lately, and hard.

He sucks. I think it's time us BA supporters realize that. He needs to go to a different team, and I HOPE Pods is our starting CF come June 10th.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 08:20 PM)
Man if KW doesn't actually try to upgrade over BA and Wise then his ass needs to be shown the door. This CF black hole has been there long enough.

Come on, Jerry Owens was supposed to be the answer! Kenny didn't need anyone until Owens started sucking; we were set!