GameThread: White Sox(27-31) vs Tigers(31-26) 7:11 CSN+

Kyyle23

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 03:35 AM)
I can't help but think even though it may be crazy but Ozzie seems to want to lose so it might force KW to do something with this roster...

The next person to go very well may be Ozzie, I honestly believe that right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 08:34 PM)
What a freaking joke. I honestly would have rather seen Wise up there, that's how bad it is right now.

Don't worry about Fathom.

During Bulls season we watched for Rose, I watch for Beckham and Poreda now. I want to see the team win the games like all of us, but I don't get mad. Maybe I'm just to mellow.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 09:34 PM)
That's 2 weeks if we continue to play him every other day.

Beckham looks fluid in the field. He has good ABs for the most part, and looks like a big leaguer. Its amazing after seeing Fields flounder.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 09:34 PM)
That's 2 weeks if we continue to play him every other day.

Ha touche. I just like a lot of things he does at the plate. He's still way too anxious up there, but he takes pitches real nicely, never looks like he's confused at all and just has a good overall approach up there. I do think he's ready, just give him a little more time, he's going to start hitting very soon here.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
I can't help but think even though it may be crazy but Ozzie seems to want to lose so it might force KW to do something with this roster...

That was I was thinking the past couple of years. Ozzie wants a different team. But at the end of each off season, we keep trotting the same core.

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 02:37 AM)
Don't worry about Fathom.

During Bulls season we watched for Rose, I watch for Beckham and Poreda now. I want to see the team win the games like all of us, but I don't get mad. Maybe I'm just to mellow.

I agree that it's great to be able to look forward to seeing Beckham play. That's why so many of us get pissed when he's not in the lineup. Hopefully Poreda will be fun to watch, and he doesn't pitch like Cotts Jr.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 02:38 AM)
Ha touche. I just like a lot of things he does at the plate. He's still way too anxious up there, but he takes pitches real nicely, never looks like he's confused at all and just has a good overall approach up there. I do think he's ready, just give him a little more time, he's going to start hitting very soon here.

Give him a few more years of strength and conditioning, and he's going to be amazing.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 09:37 PM)
The next person to go very well may be Ozzie, I honestly believe that right now.

I think the egos of Guillen and Williams may finally become an issue.

Really though what are Guillen's options when looking at this team.

Guillen is far more valuable to this organization than Williams...I can't believe I just typed that. Hahn cna easily replace Williams, who can replace Guillen? Cora? He is as clueless as they come.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 02:40 AM)
The team that Ozzie wants would suck pretty bad. I'm pretty sure.

You don't want a team with Pierre in CF, Abreu in RF, Figgins at 3B, and give away 5 outs a game via the bunt?

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 10, 2009 -> 02:40 AM)
Guillen is far more valuable to this organization than Williams...I can't believe I just typed that. Hahn cna easily replace Williams, who can replace Guillen? Cora? He is as clueless as they come.

Guillen has no strengths as a manager anymore. At least KW has the aggressiveness tag. Think about this...Ozzie's been tossed one time all season, and that was sticking up for Jhonny Perralta.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 09:40 PM)
I think the egos of Guillen and Williams may finally become an issue.

Really though what are Guillen's options when looking at this team.

Sadly, I think Getz was the best option there. Wise has no timing right now (or, possibly, ever). And I think that Fields would swing at Zumaya's fastball just about when it was being thrown back to the mound by Laird.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2009 -> 08:38 PM)
I agree that it's great to be able to look forward to seeing Beckham play. That's why so many of us get pissed when he's not in the lineup. Hopefully Poreda will be fun to watch, and he doesn't pitch like Cotts Jr.

I've watched every game since Beckham came up, prior to that if I missed one due to work or school I knew wasn't missing something. At least when he is playing the game means something. I don't like the hair Poreda is sporting, that reminds of me Cotts. Pitching wise, I have no clue how he'll do, hopefully he'll show some talent.