GameThread: Tigers (33-26) v. White Sox (27-33) 1:05 WGN

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 01:10 PM)
I think Rockin Robin would be a kickass manager if we went with the youth movement.

it will be a hybrid movement, I don't see the Sox going for a pure youth movement, with their payroll theirs no need to

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 02:10 PM)
I think Rockin Robin would be a kickass manager if we went with the youth movement.

I'd prefer Robin to actually get some minor league managerial experince if we were to go in that direction.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 01:04 PM)
rain delay entertainment: MLB network 1986 Angels vs Red Sox ALCS

Before that was the 1982 All-Star Game Highlights in Montreal. Narrated by Warner Fussell. :headbang

They should show Pennant Chase with Fran Healy.

Beckham looked good last night. Ramirez looked like he has never played before. Terrible game by he, Dye and AJ again.

Getting an Ozzie team will suck as the bunting will be out of control. Funny how bunting is so popular but the hit and run is non-existant.

Not sure what the future has in store but you knew yesterday and today were going to be scary bad as far as the hitting is concerned. The Sox should be able to hit the next nine pitchers they face sans Zambrano as I believe they miss Galardo, not sure about Cueto.

Thome better play 1B in the NL parks if Konerko is hurt as there are no other options. If he plays well over that span he is then tradable to the NL.

What do the Sox have to lose?

We have no business bunting with anyone other then D-Wheezey. And that's only because he can hardly hit the ball. Pods and Alexei are fine if we're aiming for a base hit, but why even bother moving the runner over? We can't get him and we're just wasting an out.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 01:16 PM)
We have no business bunting with anyone other then D-Wheezey. And that's only because he can hardly hit the ball. Pods and Alexei are fine if we're aiming for a base hit, but why even bother moving the runner over? We can't get him and we're just wasting an out.

Cabrearr can not move and nobody has challanged him with a bunt all series. Ramirez baseball I.Q. could be negative.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)
I was just curious... Does anybody know how Gio Gonzalez and Fautino De Los Santos are doing in the A's organization? Are they panning out?

DLS had the Tommy John surgery last year and has not pitched since. Gio's pitched decently at AAA the last 2 years for the A's, but has struggled when he's come up. 7 starts last year, 10 games appeared in, ERA over 7. 2 appearances in a relief role as a long man for the A's this year so far, ERA over 7.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 01:19 PM)
He didnt kill himself until 89, but yeah, thats the one. Don Baylor and Dave Henderson did the damage IIRC.

Ya I didn't mean that he did it on the field but I thought that it was directly related to his suicide and not that he was chasing down Kung Fu gangs in Thailand.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
Ya I didn't mean that he did it on the field but I thought that it was directly related to his suicide and not that he was chasing down Kung Fu gangs in Thailand.

I didnt mean it like that, but yeah, this was the one. He was Buckner before Buckner was Buckner.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 01:21 PM)
why does Berkman suck against the Cubs now? Dempster is horrible.

Always has. He was batting .410 last year in late May and went 1-20. Puljols is similar in that he seems to strike out an inordinate amount of times against the cubs. Although he has hit him a time or two as well.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jun 11, 2009 -> 01:23 PM)
Always has. He was batting .410 last year in late May and went 1-20. Puljols is similar in that he seems to strike out an inordinate amount of times against the cubs. Although he has hit him a time or two as well.

Carlos Lee makes up for both of them against the Cubs.