Predictions for Sox/Cubs Series

Soxtalk seems to be California laid back right now regarding the upcoming series. Maybe it's because we all got our collective hands smacked with a ruler about the quality of posts recently. As usual its fun to be part of the craziness that surrounds this series. We got the Oz and Blackjack thing going on right now in the center ring of this circus but tomorrow the sideshows stop and the games take over.

I predict Gordon Beckham has his breakout series , hits his 1st HR and a Cub fan will throw it back on the field and bats .400 for the series (Beckham not the Cub fan). I hope I'm not adding to the "pressure" on the kid ;) . Sox win the series taking 2/3. :gosox1:

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 10:36 PM)
Soxtalk seems to be California laid back right now regarding the upcoming series. Maybe it's because we all got our collective hands smacked with a ruler about the quality of posts recently. As usual its fun to be part of the craziness that surrounds this series. We got the Oz and Blackjack thing going on right now in the center ring of this circus but tomorrow the sideshows stop and the games take over.

I predict Gordon Beckham has his breakout series , hits his 1st HR and a Cub fan will throw it back on the field and bats .400 for the series. I hope I'm not adding to the "pressure" on the kid ;) . Sox win the series taking 2/3. :gosox1:

A.J./Milton...nuff said.

No one ever calls Beckham "bacon" again. That's what im hoping for at least.

AMEN.

I love Steve Stone. He pretty much just took the entire show of Chicago Tribune Live to talk about how awful the Cubs are and how terrible of a GM Hendry is.

Awesome. By far one of the best CTL shows I've ever seen.

Ima predict Danks has one of his best games of the year and The Bronze Titan struggles a bit. I also predict A.J. will do something great to piss off Cub fans.

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Jun 15, 2009 -> 09:42 PM)
Milton Bradley forgets how many outs there are and runs off second base and is tagged out to end the 9th for a White Sox victory....while Ron Santo moans n groans on the air.

Reading that made me wake everyone in my house from my laughing. :-D

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 05:29 AM)
Only 1 game will get played due to weather. The other 2 games will be made up in October when neither team is in the playoffs, which will be quite sad.

DEBBIE DOWNER!

A fly ball to right lands in front of Bradley and rolls past him to within 3 feet of the wall. Bradley throws his hands in the air claiming the ball is stuck in the ivy.

AJ and Zambrano get into it, but then decide to go to McDonalds instead of fighting.

After the Sox take the first two games, Hendry trades Soriano to Seattle for Griffey and promptly sticks his tongue out at KW.

After watching the Cubs lose in dramatic fashion in an error-filled game, Jake Peavy tells his agent he won't play for either Chicago team.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 08:07 AM)
I was wondering about that. So that was Bradley? What the hell was he doing?

I think it was bradley. I dont know who else it would be unless it was an old clip of Jacque Jones

the series has definitely lost a bunch of luster for me. I still obviously love the white sox and despise the cubs...but I used to get like giddy and nervous on game days of cubs sox...don't get me wrong i still enjoy the series and am certainly glad they still play it...but if i had to miss a game (i actually have to this year for a dentist appointment) it won't be the end of the world, where as before I was stoked for like the 3 days leading up to it