Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

Wolves lost tonight in Phoenix, not surprisingly. They actually made a game of it near the end, which is always good to see in a season like this one. Big Al had by far his best game to date, while both Ryan Gomes and Corey Brewer had nice games as well.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 03:22 AM)
Man Del Negro had a poor coaching game today. And Derrick is just not the same player right now. He's already cost himself alot of points cause he can still blow by guys but can't finish.

Sophomore year Chicago jinx.

QUOTE (fathom @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 10:54 PM)
Sophomore year Chicago jinx.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt that it's his ankle giving him fits, as he's still not 100% doing what he's doing. I mean any lower body injury is by far the worst injury you can have as a basketball player.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 08:23 AM)
I hate cliche's like this, but Rose needs a bit more of a killer instinct. He'd most effective when driving to the hoop, if anything he needs to be a bit more agressive.

To be fair, with his ankle in that kind of shape, and as short as he is, it is hard to finish.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 07:24 PM)
They didn't even keep the talent level around him the same...

I'd argue they are better than they were for a large chunk of last season. They lost Gordon, but replaced him with Salmons, Miller, a heatlhy Hinrich, and a healthy Deng.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 06:25 AM)
To be fair, with his ankle in that kind of shape, and as short as he is, it is hard to finish.

This is why I was saying I was worried about the Bulls coming out of the gate. There was no way Rose was going to be 100% after only practicing for a week and having worn a walking boot for like 3 weeks. All things considered, winning against the Spurs, playing close against the Heat on the road, they've been better than I expected in these first few games.

Because the original deadline fell on Saturday, the league office extended the deadline to Monday for members of the 2006 draft class to sign extensions. But the Bulls aren't extending Tyrus Thomas, who will be a restricted free agent next summer.

"Man, I ain't even been thinking about that," Thomas said. "Honestly. There's nothing I can do but play. I'm not going to fret myself over something I can't control."

Now we just have to hope they don't mass some terrible offer this off-season, and the great Tyrus debacle can finally end!

Wolves barely got edged out by the Clippers in LA tonight, losing 93-90. Jonny Flynn had a great first quarter but was fairly quiet after that. Regardless, he's a lot of fun to watch and it's going to be fun watching him develop throughout this year. Big Al scored 24 and showed signs of life in the second half, which is encouraging given his rough few games to start the season.

Interesting little exchange from Rondo and CP3;

So, here was Rondo surrounded with an embarrassment of point guard riches – K.G., Paul Pierce(notes) and Ray Allen(notes), a championship banner and a fat, new $55 million contract. Rondo felt emboldened, eager to engage Paul. The procession of trash talk, sources said, pushed into the personal when Rondo was heard to tell Paul, “I’ve got a ring, and you’re never gonna win one.”

As they traded technical fouls at the Boston Garden, as emotions escalated, sources said Rondo declared that Paul wished he could be him, suggesting that his frustration dripped with envy. On the way to the locker room, Hornets coach Byron Scott heard Paul insist that Rondo “is gonna respect me as a man,” and soon Paul started on his way down the corridor to tell the Celtics point guard himself.

Several coaches prevented Paul from getting close to Rondo outside the Celtics’ locker room, but the overriding theme of Paul’s rage was easily understood: Before you talk trash again, feel free to walk a mile in my Brand Jordan’s.

“If Rondo had to trade in K.G., Pierce, Ray and Rasheed for the guys that Chris plays with [in New Orleans], I guarantee that you wouldn’t be seeing Rondo get a $55 million contract,” one Hornets source said.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 4, 2009 -> 12:26 AM)
Yeah, its easy to talk s*** when you are standing behind hall of famers. And Rondo is just the low-life to do it.

He's basically become the new Stephon Marbury of the NBA.

And as soon as KG and Allen basically can't play at a high level anymore, it'll be interesting to see if they just have to dump Rondo when it's all said and done.

Oh and those who wanted AI in the off-season, well he got 17 mins in his 1st outing against Sacramento and this was his reaction;

"I had no problems (with the hamstring)," Iverson said afterward. "I had a problem with my butt from sitting on that bench so long. That's the only thing I got a problem with."

"Yeah, I'll be disappointed (if he's a sub this season)," Iverson said. "I'm not a reserve basketball player. I've never been a reserve all my life and I'm not going to start looking at myself as a reserve. ... To answer the question, 'No, I'm not a bench player. I'm not a sixth man. Go look at my resume and that will show you I'm not a sixth man."

Just sad really.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2009 -> 07:26 AM)
Yeah, its easy to talk s*** when you are standing behind hall of famers. And Rondo is just the low-life to do it.

It's been wildly known (Bulls, SA, Miami and now add NO to the list of teams who found out in games) that Rondo is a dirty, immature player. There's a reason why he was almost traded this past offseason.