Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 02:30 PM)
That's not even possible. Kobe, Gasol and Bynum alone puts them over the cap much less adding James' salary and everyone else on the roster. They'd have to do a sign-and-trade with Gasol or Bynum+filler to even get in the neighborhood of feasibility.

I think there would be a market for those guys. I don't think it'd take much work either.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 9, 2009 -> 02:35 PM)
I think there would be a market for those guys. I don't think it'd take much work either.

I have a very hard time seeing them totally revamp their roster like that considering that most people already consider them the favorite to win it all again.

I don't think LeBron is going to Chicago at all either. I think it's CLE or NY for him. Wade is realistic as well as Amare or Boozer. Joe Johnson is too, but he's not better than Ben Gordon who we could've had for pennies on the dollar in compared to Johnson.

Wade

Amare

Bosh

Boozer

Dirk(no chance though)

Those are the only guys worth a darn to me.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 12:29 AM)
Says Ben Gordon's biggest fan.

I think nitetrain is Ben Gordon. There is no other explanation. Saying Ben Gordon is as good as Joe Johnson isn't quite as ludicrous as saying BG is as good as Brandon Roy, as he did last year. But it's close. And I'm one that really like Ben. But he's not a top 10 shooting guard.

2's that are unquestionably better than Ben Gordon.

Kobe

Wade

Roy

Johnson

Vince

Allen

Manu

Martin

Mayo

Hamilton

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 06:48 PM)
Anybody been paying attention to the Suns? They're all of a sudden super fun to watch again. Steve Nash, IMO, might be a top 5 PG of all-time.

Playing back in an uptempo system agrees with them.

Of course, they'll likely go out in the 1st round on the playoffs.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 10, 2009 -> 01:46 AM)
I think nitetrain is Ben Gordon. There is no other explanation. Saying Ben Gordon is as good as Joe Johnson isn't quite as ludicrous as saying BG is as good as Brandon Roy, as he did last year. But it's close. And I'm one that really like Ben. But he's not a top 10 shooting guard.

2's that are unquestionably better than Ben Gordon.

Kobe

Wade

Roy

Johnson

Vince

Allen

Manu

Martin

Mayo

Hamilton

Bwahahahahaha. You must be joking me. Look at the stats of Gordon in comparison to all of those guys. Portland was going to go after Ben last offseason before Detroit dumped a cash truck at midnight. They ended up with Miller unfortunately. With that said, that list is a joke. Guys on that list that you can def say are better than Gordon:

Kobe

Wade

VC

Roy(ended up with a better season after Ben slowed down and Roy picked up)

Guys that would have a case:

Martin

Manu

Guy that will be better:

OJ Mayo

Guys that are not better:

Johnson

Allen

Hamilton

So, obviously, Ben is not an elite all around player. He can score just as good as Manu and Martin and has displayed better defense than either the past two years. Mayo is much better defensively, and offensively, he has skill, but he's not an efficient offensive player at all yet. He will be IMHO though. Johnson is not as efficent as Gordon offensively, and defensively, despite your beliefs that taller is automatically better, Johnson is not better defensively. All Boston fans would trade Allen in a heartbeat for Gordon since the beginning of last year. Allen has had a better overall career and that will probably remain after it's said and done, but he has not been better than Ben for some time. Hamilton could never score as efficiently as Ben, defenisvely he is worse than Ben as a man defender. Detroits scheme is good at hiding weaknesses for both Rip and Ben, but Ben's by far a better player.

Check TS%, eFG%, PER and PER Against for some reference. I would post them for you, but honestly, guys on this site have a tendency to dismiss stats in favor of their personal bias.

Taj is 5/8 with 10 points, 6 rebounds in 28 minutes and has a +16 on the day right now. He's not lighting the world on fire, but for a guy picked at the end of the first round, I can't complain one bit about what we're getting from him to start his career.

Other topic: Thabeet broke his jaw. Both 1-2 picks from last year now have gone down.

Holy Makrel! Brad Miller!

That is as close as you can get with the ball out of his hands. Tough call.

Wow! How do you wave that off? I don't think you could tell anyway which means the call on the florr should of stayed.

Edited by Brian