Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Multiple sources say that the Warriors, at coach Don Nelson's urging, have contacted other teams about trading Ellis, and it now appears likely that formal trade talks could come to fruition Thursday. Ellis and Nelson's relationship has nearly completely deteriorated, with Nelson telling Ellis, who was addressing the team in an attempt to be a leader, to 'be quiet' being the final straw. The Warriors will have just seven healthy players for Tuesday night, meaning almost all of them are worth holding right now.

It's unbelievable that the Warriors continue to let Don Nelson run talented players out of there.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
Oh btw, supposedly a three way may be brewing between the Kings, 76ers and Celtics.

Nocioni to Boston

Dalembert and Riddens I think to Sacramento

Tony Allen, Brian Scalabrine to 76ers.

Another player is involved, but I can't remember for the life of me, who it is.

Good Riddens to J.R. Giddens

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 12:57 PM)
It's unbelievable that the Warriors continue to let Don Nelson run talented players out of there.

I know the Bulls are hard up against the Luxury tax and this could cost cap space next offseason, but Hinrich and Ellis's deals do match up. Hinrich + a $1.5 million piece (Aaron Gray or James Johnson) keeps the bulls balanced against the Tax this season as well, I think.

The bulls could really, really use a backcourt scorer right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 03:57 PM)
I know the Bulls are hard up against the Luxury tax and this could cost cap space next offseason, but Hinrich and Ellis's deals do match up. Hinrich + a $1.5 million piece (Aaron Gray or James Johnson) keeps the bulls balanced against the Tax this season as well, I think.

If the Bulls could possibly freaking get Ellis for Kirk I'd scream with glee.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 02:22 PM)

If nothing else I hope we at least call and ask. It'd be a hard matchup, no doubt, unless the Warriors really thought Kirk fit in well, which they might. Have we ever heard any talk of GSW having any interest in him?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 02:26 PM)
Doesn't Dalembert have a pretty bad contract?

That he does. Which is why Philly wants to get rid of him now. Sactown wants him because Noc apparently hates it there and they need a 3rd big to go with Jason Thompson and Spencer Hawes.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 02:57 PM)

True. Apparently, Mullin hates him, but he has some heavy clout higher up in the org.

Bulls wouldn't give up Johnson just yet. And Bulls fans didn't want an undersized SG who was more inefficient and didn't have a major injury, but now they want an undersized SG who can't shoot it as well and who dominates the ball John Salmons like?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 04:22 PM)

I wouldn't. You'd be stuck with Ellis alot longer and his contract if I remember increases. Kirk decreases. Kirk would also be a fantastic combo guard. Too bad Salmons has played like poo forcing more minutes on Kirk. And too bad Rose doesn't just command the ball instead of dump the ball into Kirk and let Kirk run the offense like so many of you guys thought he would do with Mr. 15FGA left the squad.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 04:25 PM)
If nothing else I hope we at least call and ask. It'd be a hard matchup, no doubt, unless the Warriors really thought Kirk fit in well, which they might. Have we ever heard any talk of GSW having any interest in him?

Again, I wouldn't. I rather have Joe Johnson.

EDIT - Verified Ellis makes 11 million flat for the remainder of his contract. He's not a good distributor, again undersized, doesn't have range on his jumper, pretty bad defender and he depends on his speed for anything offense. Again, if you didn't want Ben, I don't know why you would want Ellis for more money.

Edited by nitetrain8601

Jameer Nelson out for 4-6 weeks after knee surgery.

Fair to say we've been pretty banged up so far, and somehow we're 8-3.

As for Ellis, he's basically a lot like Ben Gordon IMO, so you have to decide if you want to trade for his offensive ability, against Hinrich's tenacious defense ability.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 08:31 PM)
Jameer Nelson out for 4-6 weeks after knee surgery.

Fair to say we've been pretty banged up so far, and somehow we're 8-3.

As for Ellis, he's basically a lot like Ben Gordon IMO, so you have to decide if you want to trade for his offensive ability, against Hinrich's tenacious defense ability.

Big blow. He's a step away from becoming injury prone in my eyes.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 08:33 PM)
Right now...very much so.

As far as Ellis, he is nothing like Ben Gordon other than he is also an undersized SG. He has no PG ability in him. He cannot shoot, not in comparison to Ben, but in comparison to even average SG's. His game is predicated on speed and getting inside like Derrick Rose. He will ballhog big time. He's also been a problem in GSW, and no, I'm not talking about Don Nelson, but the actual players.

We don't want Ellis, especially if we didn't want Ben. He'd also shoot the Bulls chances at a max FA next year. Also, GSW is filled with guards, they have no need for Hinrich.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 01:22 PM)
Oh btw, supposedly a three way may be brewing between the Kings, 76ers and Celtics.

Nocioni to Boston

Dalembert and Riddens I think to Sacramento

Tony Allen, Brian Scalabrine to 76ers.

Another player is involved, but I can't remember for the life of me, who it is.

I like any trade sending Noce to a contendor, I freaking love the dude.

That would be a huge add, and exactly what they need.

Typical Bulls, up 16 in the 3rd, play stupid basketball, lead now down to 7 with tons of time in the 4th. They need to learn how to put teams away and hold on to leads.

EDIT: FYI, Joakim Noah has quickly become one of, if not my favorite Bull. I hated the pick when we made, but he's making me eat monster nuclear crow. He's worked his ass off and become a fantastic player. Leading the league in rebounding right now and averaging a double-double. 13 points, 14 boards so far against the Kings. Love it.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 11:00 PM)
EDIT: FYI, Joakim Noah has quickly become one of, if not my favorite Bull. I hated the pick when we made, but he's making me eat monster nuclear crow. He's worked his ass off and become a fantastic player. Leading the league in rebounding right now and averaging a double-double. 13 points, 14 boards so far against the Kings. Love it.

Thank god he didn't enter the '06 draft. We'd have drafted him instead of Aldridge, and then we'd have to regret trading Noah for Thomas.

Also, can we finally reach the century mark?!

Edit: Yup, cam against Sac, but I'll take it.

Edited by Quinarvy

Bulls win 101-87. This was basically the 1st time I got to see the Bulls this season for an extended portion of a game and the thing that stook out to me most was how much better the defense looked compared to years past. Yes, it was against a mediocre/bad/young Kings team, but we played extremely disciplined defense.

They didn't leave their feet on pump fakes, they worked hard to get around screens, they hustled to every loose ball, they didn't allow any easy entry passes to the post, they communicated well on switches, and their man defense overall was very sound. It's definitely apparent that the coaches and players have put a great deal of focus on defensive effort, and it seems to be paying off a bit.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 11:26 PM)
Wow.. I was stunned to see the Kings were an above .500 team (now at .500 after the loss) entering that game. I don't know if they are that bad, but the Bulls made them look that way.

I had the same reaction, but their wins are mediocre. Tyreke Evans is a player though. I'll definitely take 6-4 from the Bulls.

QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Nov 17, 2009 -> 11:29 PM)
Shouldn't have ever doubted him. I take back every bad thing I've said about him. Noah for All Star!

I'm glad my tweet inspired you.

As for this trading Hinrich for Ellis? Put down the drugs. We let Gordon walk, so you wanna trade for another Gordon? I'll take Hinrich's D instead thanks.