Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 11, 2009 -> 11:32 PM)
Definitely crapped that game away, though we have 2 games coming up against Sac and Philly that we should win before a showdown with the Lakers.

A showdown? lol. I'll be surprised if we don't lose by at least 15. A showdown would be the Spurs and Lakers.

Dbaho, why did Dwight Howard only take 3 shots last night?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 12:09 AM)
A showdown? lol. I'll be surprised if we don't lose by at least 15. A showdown would be the Spurs and Lakers.

Dbaho, why did Dwight Howard only take 3 shots last night?

We beat the Spurs, thus, a showdown.

In my mind at least.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 12:35 AM)
We beat the Spurs, thus, a showdown.

In my mind at least.

I agree. This team is much different then many including myself thought they'd be, especially defensively. Noah, Deng are basically having career years and Rose is still doing what he's doing not even 100% yet. No Gasol for the Lakers certainly hurts them even though they are still pretty deep. I expect it to be a very entertaining game, similar to the Nuggets game (though I don't think we'll see a Brad Miller non GW I'm banking).

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 12:40 AM)
I agree. This team is much different then many including myself thought they'd be, especially defensively. Noah, Deng are basically having career years and Rose is still doing what he's doing not even 100% yet. No Gasol for the Lakers certainly hurts them even though they are still pretty deep. I expect it to be a very entertaining game, similar to the Nuggets game (though I don't think we'll see a Brad Miller non GW I'm banking).

Ace, my brother, I expect more from you. Career years? Didn't the season start like 3 hours ago? I don't think any team has played 10 games yet. We are not in the same galaxy as the Lakers. Kobe alone makes this true. Doesn't mean we can't win. I think we beat the Shaq/Kobe Lakers in 2003 when they were 3-time defending champions. But Q used the word "showdown." A showdown occurs when two equal or near equal teams go at it. We're not even as good as the Atlanta Hawks. Let alone the Lakers.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Nov 12, 2009 -> 12:54 AM)
Ace, my brother, I expect more from you. Career years? Didn't the season start like 3 hours ago? I don't think any team has played 10 games yet. We are not in the same galaxy as the Lakers. Kobe alone makes this true. Doesn't mean we can't win. I think we beat the Shaq/Kobe Lakers in 2003 when they were 3-time defending champions. But Q used the word "showdown." A showdown occurs when two equal or near equal teams go at it. We're not even as good as the Atlanta Hawks. Let alone the Lakers.

I'll agree that a showdown was a bit much, but you should also not be THAT surprised if we come close or even beat the Lakers. I thought we would get crush by the Spurs, Nuggets and pretty much lose badly to the Cavs but that has not happened, in fact I believe only Boston has really crushed us and that was the first game (or second) of the season. Anything can happen in the NBA, and for the Lakers, Gasol is a pretty damn big loss for them even though they are good enough to overcome that. The Lakers are damn good, but you are highly overrating them in comparison to us I'm saying. This is not even counting the fact that players have bad nights as well. Kobe will get his, even on a bad night.. but he won't have his Robin (Gasol) and Bynum doesn't scare me at all. Sure we could get crushed our damn selves here, but the talent level isn't "in the Galaxy" different between us.

Edited by SoxAce

The Hornets' roster is a mess outside of Paul and West, that's not his fault. Their wing players are pretty awful, and they're stuck paying Peja and Okafor more than they are worth.

That Chandler for Okafor trade will probably come back to bite them; though Okafor is the superior player, Chandler's deal expires after 2011 while Emeka's is much longer. They're stuck with this roster through next year and will still only have 7-10 mil in cap space in 2011 after Peja's deal expires when it could have been at 20+ with Chandler's expiring deal. Paul and West will keep them respectable, but they're going to have to work some magic to make them dangerous again.

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 09:19 AM)
Hm, LeBron switching his number to 6 next season...I'm not being completely serious, but just another star aligning for the Bulls. :)

huh?

Edit: Never mind, found what you were talking about:

LeBron James has always said that he chose the No. 23 to honor Michael Jordan. Now it looks like he's going to stop wearing it for the exact same reason. After tonight's game against the Heat, with MJ in attendance, LeBron dropped this:

"I thin
k
no guy in the NBA
s
hould ever wear 23
[Jordan] can
t get the NBA logo, much re
s
pect to Jerry We
s
t,
s
o I thin
k
hi
s
number
s
houldn
t be worn by any player in the NBA
s
o I
m thin
k
ing about ju
s
t changing my number next year ju
s
t to
s
how the tribute of what he did for the game."

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Nov 13, 2009 -> 10:53 AM)
The Heat retired the numebr 23 in honor of Jordan last night. The other Heat number retired...Dan Marino.

He and Wade may both like Miami.

wait, the heat retired Jordan's number and Dan Marion's number? WTF? Seriously, Dan Marino? I apparently missed the Hall of Fame basketball career he had with the Heat.

So, when are the BUlls retiring 34 in honor of Walter Payton, or 18 in honor of Kyle Orton?

Edited by Athomeboy_2000