Stupid questions people have asked you

lostfan

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Stocking @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 09:35 PM)
dealing with tourists on a daily basis, i've got too many to list. Some favorites:

Do you have internet? There are a whole host of questions dealing with hawaii being some remote island, where we don't recieve news or entertainment of any sort. Have you ever heard of craigslist? Whats the drinking age? I kid you not, how long does it take to drive here? What type of government we have? Seeing a pod of dolphins , look at all those sharks. You drive on the same side as we do. What type of currency do you use?yes we have espn. cable? Whats that. Yes we have us cell phone carriers, att, sprint, verizon, you name it.

While im ranting, i don't give a f*ck what the weather is like where you just came from. Nor do i care what time it is there, or how off your sleeping is. Everyone visiting is dealing with it, you're not special.

How the hell did I never once notice you were from Five-Oh?!?

OK, here are my stupid questions:

1) Why did Hawaii go and fock up the mai tai by adding all the juices to it, and where is the best place there to order a traditional mai tai?

2) Can you scrounge me up a bottle of Leilani Hawaiian Rum? I like Hana Bay and Diamond Head well enough, but I've been told Leilani is the Holy Grail of Hawaiian light rums and I've never had the pleasure. . .

QUOTE (Disco72 @ Jun 22, 2009 -> 09:22 PM)
Hahaha...I have an identical twin brother too, and we got the same dumb questions.

I was the first born....so people who know us call my brother "clone". They ask "Where's your clone?" or "How's you clone doin?"

I'm a GM of a rental company in Northern Illinois, we rent bobcats, lifts, tents, party stuff, etc... I come across a dumb question/complaint everyday.

Todays: lady on the phone calls today and yells at me because she wanted round tables instead of banquet style. I tell her says on the contract she signed she was getting eight 30x96 tables. She asks/yells "how am I suppose to know 30x96 tables aren't round"?!?!

Yesterday: guy is yelling at me because our equipment is *insert expletive*. It just died on him and he's been working with skidsteers for 30 years, he has guys standing around for hours, 5 guys trying to fix it/figure out what the problem is. Long story short, I go to the site, was there less than 2 minutes before I told him he ran out of diesel fuel. Didn't even get an apology.

QUOTE (chwhtsox @ Jun 26, 2009 -> 06:45 PM)
I'm a GM of a rental company in Northern Illinois, we rent bobcats, lifts, tents, party stuff, etc... I come across a dumb question/complaint everyday.

Todays: lady on the phone calls today and yells at me because she wanted round tables instead of banquet style. I tell her says on the contract she signed she was getting eight 30x96 tables. She asks/yells "how am I suppose to know 30x96 tables aren't round"?!?!

Yesterday: guy is yelling at me because our equipment is *insert expletive*. It just died on him and he's been working with skidsteers for 30 years, he has guys standing around for hours, 5 guys trying to fix it/figure out what the problem is. Long story short, I go to the site, was there less than 2 minutes before I told him he ran out of diesel fuel. Didn't even get an apology.

Reminds me of when I got married. It was outdoors in a forest preserve. A friend of mine made a phenomenal wedding cake as a gift for me and my then future wife. Before she came to the wedding, she told her emplyees at her bakery NOT to disturb her unless it was an absolute emergency. The wedding starts.....and guess what, ......her cell phone rings. She had to leave. A lady was behind the counter screaming incessantly because the employees couldn't find her cake. Turns out that the lady went to the wrong bakery. Same thing....stormed out.......and never even aplogized. My friend who made the cake....missed the whole wedding because of that.

I work at Nike Factory Store here in Aurora and I can give you plenty of dumb questions everyday a few of my favorites are:

Do you sell (Adidas, Reebok, Under Armor, or pretty much any other athletic shoe company)? Seriously, how do you not get that we only sell Nike's at the Nike Factory Store.

My all time favorite:

What size shoe does a (4 year old, 5year old,6 year old, or any age) wear? I don't know how big the kid your buying for is. There is no set chart that says if your 5 you wear a certain size. Then most of the time they ask me to estimate and I tell them that I would be as good at guessing as they would.

I'll list more if I can think of any, I haven't gotten any really good ones recently from any customer.

Here's two:

I was working at an advertising agency and got a call asking me to fix the monitor. The guy says, "I put the tape in and...nothing. What's wrong?" Answer: Turn the damn thing on. Then he called me the next week...same damn thing.

I worked at a coffee shop...a woman asked for a decaf cappuccino. I made said decaf cappuccino. She comes back to the counter and says, "Are you sure this is a cappuccino? It's so frothy." Um...yeah, that's what a cappuccino is. She argued for about a minute and I said, "Would you like something else?" She said, "Yes, a decaf cappuccino." So I made her a latte and she left muttering, "This is what I wanted in the first place." The kicker...it was caffeinated...

BURN!!!

I have a hearing impairement and I use a hearing aid in order to hear, anyway...

I've had people ask me how it's possible I can legally drive if I have a hearing loss. Apparently they think that just because I have a hearing loss that I shouldn't drive because I "can't hear things on the road".

Seriously, I hate ignorant people like that. If they followed that belief, then people who wear eyeglasses probably shouldn't be able to drive as well.

I can't find a source, but I've been told by some people that deaf people and people with a hearing loss are usually statistically better drivers than people with normal hearing.

My mother once asked Richard Simmons..."If you cook the red meat until there is no red left is it still considered red meat?"

She wasnt playing either but she said he was pissed and thought she was being a smart ass.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 05:27 PM)
Richard Simmons is so much unintentonal comedy it's not funny. :lol:

When my friends would come over when I was a kid I would hide the Richard Simmons tapes cause I knew the jokes that were going to come after. Yes ,I was embarrassed that my mom was a fan of his.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
When my friends would come over when I was a kid I would hide the Richard Simmons tapes cause I knew the jokes that were going to come after. Yes ,I was embarrassed that my mom was a fan of his.

I worked at a movie theater for years in HS and college, and once in awhile we would throw up a "Now Hiring" sign on the marquee when we needed to get resumes in, and it would never fail that an elderly person would ask what the "Now Hiring" movie is about, a few even would refer to some strange plot they thought they saw in a commercial about it.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 05:46 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=1934432:date=Jun 30, 2009 -> 06:33 PM:name=SHIPPS)-->
QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Jun 30, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
<!--quotec-->When my friends would come over when I was a kid I would hide the Richard Simmons tapes cause I knew the jokes that were going to come after. Yes ,I was embarrassed that my mom was a fan of his.

One of the greatest shows ever.

I have two.

Does this sound familiar when asking for directions?

"Can you tell me how to get to US Cellular Field...?"

"From here"??

No, from your Mom's house. Of course from here!

The second one is simply the word 'really'? My former boss got my to realize how often that's used and how stupid it really is. Any time I asked "really?", he'd reply, "nope, I'm lying to you".

"Man, I have a pounding headache"

'Really"?

"I'm so far behind in my work"?

"Really"?

At work we have one of those cd players where people can hit a cd and listen to part of the cd to decide if they want to buy it. Well, yesterday a woman came up to me and said "the cd player is broken, I keep clicking on one of the cds but it doesn't play." I assume someone had unplugged it, so I go over there. No, the volume was down. All she had to do was click the volume. Ugh.

QUOTE (Soxy @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 10:49 AM)
At work we have one of those cd players where people can hit a cd and listen to part of the cd to decide if they want to buy it. Well, yesterday a woman came up to me and said "the cd player is broken, I keep clicking on one of the cds but it doesn't play." I assume someone had unplugged it, so I go over there. No, the volume was down. All she had to do was click the volume. Ugh.

what's a cd player?