Protecting Gordon

JohnCangelosi

for those clamoring to get Beckham into the 2 hole

lets look at what alexei has done there in 152AB this season

.296/.359/.467 .826

I say this often but the future core of this team is very excited and being underrated by most nearly everyone. Danks, Beckham, Alexei, CQ, Flowers, Dayan, Allen, Mitchell once he signs!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now with the offense finally clicking and putting up some consistent run production, you'd be crazy to switch things around.

I like Alexei in the 2 hole, and his plate discipline is much improved from last season (already 6 more BB's than last season with 201 less AB's).

They're doing the right thing with Beck, easing him into it, letting him lower down the order and now they're starting to see the rewards.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 07:45 PM)
Well, you OBVIOUSLY don't understand talent when you see it. Frank was clearly a talent in 1990 and so is Beckham. To even bring in Viciedo into this conversation is silly.

:huh:

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Jul 1, 2009 -> 10:59 PM)
I understand the point, but I don't buy this argument for ONE SECOND. He was good enough to play April 6th and proved it in ST.

So you'd be willing to sacrifice a cheap year of him so he could have been in the lineup 2 months earlier? Thats genius!! I want you as GM!

QUOTE (chisoxfan09 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 12:38 AM)
Beckham did really well in the top of the order in AA. I also say don't change what ain't broke. But maybe he will be a good top of the order batter with time.

Beckham is going to be a good hitter no matter where you put him in the lineup.

where was this thread when he was hitting .170? He's on a hot streak.Leave him down in the order this year to go through his growing pains,because he will slump again, and then find his permanent spot next year. The lineup, right now, is finally flowing with guys getting on base and running.No need to mess around with it.

Of all the things to get upset about... seriously, this isn't even on the list. For all the reasons previously stated. And I want to add... Robin Yount? Frank Thomas? You are talking HOF players there. Beckham is probably going to be very good, but let's not get carried away. I'd be ecstatic if he can be Robin Yount-like (relative to era) for his career, but that goes beyond "special".