7/9 Game Thread Sox vs. Cleveland 1:05pm CDT CSN

knightni

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This team has got to figure out how to come back when they are down a few runs to win some games. Good teams can come back, we have only 2 times this year were we have won when down after the 6th. Thats a pretty telling mark that needs to be reversed in the 2nd half.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
This team has got to figure out how to come back when they are down a few runs to win some games. Good teams can come back, we have only 2 times this year were we have won when down after the 6th. Thats a pretty telling mark that needs to be reversed in the 2nd half.

We were down 7...I think we did a decent job of coming back, but you have to seal the deal.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)

I think it goes back to advanced scouting and knowing what a guy throws.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 04:48 PM)
We were down 7...I think we did a decent job of coming back, but you have to seal the deal.

We did a great job of coming back today. But we need to start to chip away at the bullpen later in games. Even with our poor start, this was winnable.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 10:47 PM)

Not championship ball that's for sure

At least they made it close.

If this was a blowout, I'm sure Ozzie would of had a big old tirade.

We had chances in the middle of this game to go ahead and tie. We just didn't take advantage.