7/9 Game Thread Sox vs. Cleveland 1:05pm CDT CSN

knightni

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 10:50 PM)
We did a great job of coming back today. But we need to start to chip away at the bullpen later in games. Even with our poor start, this was winnable.

Yep, don't always have to get the 3 run homer to change the momentum in the game. Hard to be upset with the offense today though. At least Ozzie will stop saying Carrasco is the MVP of this team.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 04:50 PM)
I think it goes back to advanced scouting and knowing what a guy throws.

Its not advanced scouting, as most of these guys we know already. Its more into poor ABs and impatience at the end of the game. Maybe its pressure, maybe its the I want to be a hero.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 10:50 PM)
If this was a blowout, I'm sure Ozzie would of had a big old tirade.

What is it with Chicago fans and thinking that their managers are going to have big tirades on a daily basis? If the players on the team need a tirade after being with Ozzie for 5 years now, then they don't deserve to win.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 10:48 PM)
Ramirez and Beckham almost with as bad of games as DJ and Richard as the four of them did nothing positive.

Humbling for sure. Notice though especially with Alexei: when he is bad he is really bad

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 02:50 PM)
Not many times you lose when your leadoff hitter gets 6 at bats in a 9 inning game. We have a huge issue with our #5 starting pitcher, and that's where KW needs to make some big decisions.

There's some decisions to be made clearly, but how many teams don't get a bunch of outings like this out of their 5th starter every year?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 04:51 PM)
Yep, don't always have to get the 3 run homer to change the momentum in the game. Hard to be upset with the offense today though. At least Ozzie will stop saying Carrasco is the MVP of this team.

The offense did enough to win the game today. My comments are just that we need to have a better overall attack against bullpen pitchers late in games. You figure that this will have to even out, and if that does we should have some exciting wins in the 2nd half. Its something that I think they will overcome.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 10:52 PM)
What is it with Chicago fans and thinking that their managers are going to have big tirades on a daily basis? If the players on the team need a tirade after being with Ozzie for 5 years now, then they don't deserve to win.

They know why they lost and don't need the Wizzard to tell them about it

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 10:53 PM)
The offense did enough to win the game today. My comments are just that we need to have a better overall attack against bullpen pitchers late in games. You figure that this will have to even out, and if that does we should have some exciting wins in the 2nd half. Its something that I think they will overcome.

I'm with you on that. Hope we see a real well played series aganst the twins this weekend. I think one game is on WGN

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 09:53 PM)
There's some decisions to be made clearly, but how many teams don't get a bunch of outings like this out of their 5th starter every year?

Not as bad as this one, but Richard hasn't been giving this team a good chance to win for well over a month now. I'm pretty sure his starting ERA is something like 7 now. Clearly, it's not working out with him as a starter.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 02:56 PM)
Not as bad as this one, but Richard hasn't been giving this team a good chance to win for well over a month now. I'm pretty sure his starting ERA is something like 7 now. Clearly, it's not working out with him as a starter.

Not working out as a starter for him right now.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 05:01 PM)
The other thing in my mind is that if this team is going to stay in the race, can Beckham be at third and Ramirez at short. If Jake Fox is a bad 3B, what is Gordon Beckham.

I think Ramirez needs to go to center, Beckham short and Fields or Nix at third.

Beckham started playing 3rd base about a week before he came up, and is a rookie. He has been fine over at 3rd. Is he going to mess up sure, but he seems to learn and get better each day. I am sure he is sorry he made an error today, and had a bad day at the plate. But lets not get goofy with reshuffling the deck because you saw one of the players kick the ball today. This is one of the worst defensive teams in baseball. Playing musical chairs is not going to fix this, in this year. He will get better. He is not Jake Fox bad, he is not Josh Fields bad. He f***ed up, it happens.

Ramblings ...

We suck in day games, don't we?

Why does baseball schedule these day games in the middle of the week after night games?

I'd have loved the same scenario as the last two games. 7:11 p.m. Sox win!

Who cares if its a travel day. Sox go to Minnesota. Whooo long trip.

Isn't the life of big leaguers amazing? Clayton was so promising after 3 starts. He was great. Got positive press and acclaim. Now he looks like s***.

I'm not knocking Beckham at all - I love the guy - amazing though how one severe 0hfer can dip his average to .245. Baseball is an unforgiving game. And Lexi. Those first six weeks he was just total crap. Now he's a god. It's why so many probably love this wacky game.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 03:43 PM)
Why does baseball schedule these day games in the middle of the week after night games?

So that teams have extra time for travel. Game ends at 4:00 or before, team is on the jet by 6-7ish, in to a hotel by 10-11ish and has a legit opportunity to sleep somewhere other than on the plane.

Yeah I realize that. I edited my post while you were posting. I was further complaining that our trip to Minnie isn't exactly a killer. And I don't know where Cleveland is going but I assume back to Cleveland.

Good series and over the last 10 games have gained 2 games on Tigers and Minny.

I just want somebody from the org to come out and say something along the lines of "f the Twins and their ballpark, we've come in here scared before, no more." Instead it will be more of the same I'm afraid from Ozzie and Hawk

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)

I just want somebody from the org to come out and say something along the lines of "f the Twins and their ballpark, we've come in here scared before, no more." Instead it will be more of the same I'm afraid from Ozzie and Hawk

I agree. While showing respect to an opponent is nice, the White Sox kick the Twins ass in Chicago. There is no reason they shouldn't at least be able to hang with them in Minnesota. I think they have arrived at the ballpark defeated the past couple of years especially. The first time something goes the Twins way, the game is over. Its time to take that back.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 07:27 PM)

I'd be curious what the quotes sound like when the Twins head to NY, because they are the Yankees b****es.

I agree about the Metrodome thing. This year Ozzie should treat the series like the games in Wrigley. He ought to blast that f***ing building and just say, 'we'll take our chances.'

Frick the piranhas thing.

Crede is no piranha. He's more a typical White Sox. A slow home run hitter.

Same with the M and M guys. They are bashers.

They have some grinders, yes, but their starters are not invincible.

They may sweep our ass, but that would truly be disappointing this time. We won games in KC and Cleveland we should be able to win some in Minnie.

If they own us there again this season it's just never meant to be and we'll have to regroup when they move outside.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 9, 2009 -> 09:57 PM)
I agree about the Metrodome thing. This year Ozzie should treat the series like the games in Wrigley. He ought to blast that f***ing building and just say, 'we'll take our chances.'

Frick the piranhas thing.

Crede is no piranha. He's more a typical White Sox. A slow home run hitter.

Same with the M and M guys. They are bashers.

They have some grinders, yes, but their starters are not invincible.

They may sweep our ass, but that would truly be disappointing this time. We won games in KC and Cleveland we should be able to win some in Minnie.

If they own us there again this season it's just never meant to be and we'll have to regroup when they move outside.

have you ever watched Morneau and Mauer? Just bashers? Mauer is one of the best pure hitting talents in the game and is only getting better, and Morneau already has an MVP under his belt. Thats just ridiculous