Arturo Gatti Dies

QUOTE (The Critic @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
The theory is that she struck him in the head, then strangled him with her purse strap.

My guess is she probably attacked him while he was asleep, that seems to be how cases like these go.

Yeah appears so, ESPN updated their article and it says he was prolly killed in his sleep so he must have been a combination of drunk/hit in head/sleeping that happened..

HBO replayed the Gatti/Ward trilogy and since I've never seen them before,these fights have surpassed the Morales/Barrera fights as greatest fights I have ever seen...

Gatti fighting with one hand get's my vote as the ultimate man's man ever,Gatti was a beast...

RIP Champ

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 19, 2009 -> 05:00 AM)
HBO replayed the Gatti/Ward trilogy and since I've never seen them before,these fights have surpassed the Morales/Barrera fights as greatest fights I have ever seen...

Gatti fighting with one hand get's my vote as the ultimate man's man ever,Gatti was a beast...

RIP Champ

Gatti broke his hand in probably 4 of his last 5 fights. Not only did he continue fighting, but he'd THROW that hand. A true bad ass.

I disagree with them being the greatest fights ever. They were fun to watch because they were fighting each other and neither of those two guys had any real defense, they were basically slug fests. Neither guy had any real luck when they faced a true boxer. Do you recall De La Hoya absolutely destroying Gatti??

The what was considered a homicide is now said to be suicide. Rodriguez the first suspect in his death will be released. Per ESPN.

In another strange turn of events. This is just the weirdest story I dont know if I believe that its suicide.