State your unpopular opinions

BigSqwert

I'm not sure how popular/unpopular this is, but all cell phone and other interactive type devices need to be banned while driving. Almost every time I see someone do something stupid in a car, they are on a phone, texting, or doing who knows what else.

Better ban navigation systems, Ipod, putting on makeup, eating, and smoking cigarettes while driving too. Although they are not as popular as a playing on a cellphone, they can be just as distracting.

Back to hate crimes, I think they are stupid too. Here for years african americans and gays have fought for equal rights yet there are these laws that treat them as a different specimen if they are attacked. If I kill my wife and her lover while she is cheating on me, should I be convicted of "hating the player, not the game?"

Same thing with affirmative action. Women's suffrage and the civil rights battles for equality, yet here they are getting special treatment because of their sex and/or race.

Edited by santo=dorf

• Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. There is no god, the bible is full of lies.

2. I have no problem with more strict DUI laws, but the limit should be more than .08. You shouldn't get a DUI for having two beers. Talking on a cell, phone, texting, reading, etc. while driving are a lot worse than having two beers and getting behind the wheel. I also think that there should be a breathalyzer attached to your keys and you have to blow into it before your car starts.

3. Pete Rose shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame, same with Shoeless Joe.

5. Albert Pujols is/was on steroids.

6. Megan Fox is overrated.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 02:59 AM)
1. There is no god, the bible is full of lies.

2. I have no problem with more strict DUI laws, but the limit should be more than .08. You shouldn't get a DUI for having two beers. Talking on a cell, phone, texting, reading, etc. while driving are a lot worse than having two beers and getting behind the wheel. I also think that there should be a breathalyzer attached to your keys and you have to blow into it before your car starts.

3. Pete Rose shouldn't be in the Hall of Fame, same with Shoeless Joe.

5. Albert Pujols is/was on steroids.

6. Megan Fox is overrated.

You dont think that is equally as ignorant as saying there is a god without a doubt? Im agnostic myself but just think its as silly to say without a doubt there is no high power there as it is to say there is.

Any event that is judged by a third party to determine the winner is not a sport. This includes diving, gymnastics and figure skating. They are athletic events, I do enjoy watching diving, but they are not sports and should not be included in the Olympics.

Also WSF1986...those ARE unpopular opinions!!!

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 10:51 AM)
If you don't need to physically condition in order to perform, then it's not a sport.

How about golf or auto racing? You CAN physically condition, but you don't HAVE to. Just curious as to what you think.

Edited by CanOfCorn

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Jul 16, 2009 -> 11:44 PM)
People who hate pit bulls and advocate the banning of pit bulls should be beaten with sticks.

Finally someone I agree with.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 06:51 AM)
People who feel like this should stand in the ring with two fighting pitbulls so they know what it is like when these types get free and attack people.

Do your homework. Pitties are lovers and live to please. People that train them to fight should get the death penalty.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jul 17, 2009 -> 07:44 AM)
I understand that the breed can be good, but they have earned their reputation in a lot of areas of this country.

The same was said about blacks, mexicans, and jews at various times thru history and how do we feel about these statements now?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 10:13 AM)
And the more you weight, the more power the car needs to accelerate.

Of course. The question really is does a guy who is lean and in top physical condition have an advantage over a fat slob when it comes to steering and hitting the gas?

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 11:20 AM)
Of course. The question really is does a guy who is lean and in top physical condition have an advantage over a fat slob when it comes to steering and hitting the gas?

Steering a race car isn't like steering a Crown Vic, though. The forces coming back through the steering wheel are much, much higher. The inside of a NASCAR car is usually well over 100* and you need to be in good shape not to black out from the g-forces in F1 cars. Rally racers also need to be in good shape for the absolute beating they take. Try karting some time and you'll know how much is can wear on your arms and shoulders.

You obviously don't have to be conditioned like an Olympic sprinter, but to be a good driver you have to be in good shape or you'll be completely worn out by the end of the race and very prone to making mental mistakes. Think of how many overweight NASCAR or F1 drivers there are.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 11:24 AM)
Steering a race car isn't like steering a Crown Vic, though. The forces coming back through the steering wheel are much, much higher. The inside of a NASCAR car is usually well over 100* and you need to be in good shape not to black out from the g-forces in F1 cars. Rally racers also need to be in good shape for the absolute beating they take. Try karting some time and you'll know how much is can wear on your arms and shoulders.

You obviously don't have to be conditioned like an Olympic sprinter, but to be a good driver you have to be in good shape or you'll be completely worn out by the end of the race and very prone to making mental mistakes. Think of how many overweight NASCAR or F1 drivers there are.

You've never driven my old Crown Vic, now THAT was a sport.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 11:06 AM)
The same was said about blacks, mexicans, and jews at various times thru history and how do we feel about these statements now?

Hmm, I never heard of a Black, Jew, or Mexican eating a small child. You learn something new every day, thanks longshot

As for my homework, I worked for Pet Rescue, and my friend ran a Pit rescue herself. I have plenty of cases right in front of my face that proved my opinion to me. I also know a girl in Carbondale who is going through pretty intensive reconstructive surgery because she was mauled by a few pits that escaped their yard. Not fighting pits, just pits.

So, your teacher and my teacher are giving us different grades

Edited by KyYlE23

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 11:55 AM)
The propaganda of the time wasn't too far off of that.

the propoganda was lies, but there are plenty of factual cases that show that Pits are capable of being very dangerous animals, and there are people that own these dogs that like to bring those qualities out in them.

Sorry, but these animals are built to fight. If the people who own them cannot be trusted to bring them up the right way and the attacks within certain areas(like Miami, Detroit, etc) continue to escalate, then something needs to be done.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 01:01 PM)
Texting or talking on a cell phone while driving should result in consequences equal to that of drunk driving.

Only if eating, reading a map, changing a CD in the CD player, smoking, etc...while driving are treated the same way

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 12:53 PM)
Only if eating, reading a map, changing a CD in the CD player, smoking, etc...while driving are treated the same way

I think the best way to handle these sorts of things is, if in the course of investigating a serious accident, they find that the driver was distracted by something like that, there should be a circumstance of aggravation attached to the charges. Something that makes it more serious, with stiffer penalties.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)
I think the best way to handle these sorts of things is, if in the course of investigating a serious accident, they find that the driver was distracted by something like that, there should be a circumstance of aggravation attached to the charges. Something that makes it more serious, with stiffer penalties.

Problem is proving it.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 20, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
The playing area on all MLB parks should be the same dimensions. Same distance from home plate to the walls, same amount of foul territory, same height of the outfield walls.

Boooooooo. I'll pass on the McBallparks, thanks. I like that each stadium has its nuances.