Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Sep 2, 2009 -> 09:24 PM)
Just 22 hours. Expecting 44k or so for NDSU. Herman's offense should be the real deal. I really think we have the type of offense that can go 40+ on a regular basis. And no, I'm not smoking crack.

Gotta cheer for the bison. Representin the MVC.

We (South Carolina) have 12 freshmen in the 2-deep across the board. I'm as nervous about this game as I have been in a long time for an opener. DT is a position of extreme weakness right now as there are 3 guys out or suspended for the opener. No proven receivers with McKinley gone to the Broncos and Jared Cook with the Titans this year.

With that said, I still expect to be able to pull out a win against a Tom O'Brien coached N.C. State team. People love to rave about what Russell Wilson accomplished last year, but they fail to mention what teams he did that against. Don't get me wrong, he is a pretty damn good QB, but I don't think he is deserving of the pedestal some already put him onto.

I cant believe college football is starting tonight already. Feels like it came out of nowhere. Think the Cutler trade & the interest in the Bears made me forget about it.

Not sure what to expect from the Illini, think we can go 9-3 just as easily as we can go 3-9. Last year with Benn around, so hope Juice can figure out how to get em the ball a lot, and downfield too, not just screens and laterals.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 12:25 AM)
Wow what a sucker punch from that Oregon player. He is going to be suspended for a long time.

He talked crap before the game and then couldn't handle it being thrown back in his face. I hope he's suspended for several games, but I'm not holding my breath.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 12:37 AM)
He talked crap before the game and then couldn't handle it being thrown back in his face. I hope he's suspended for several games, but I'm not holding my breath.

He almost went into the crowd when walking off the field as well, those two white kids looked terrified and then of course started talking s*** again once he was restrained. I wonder what said to set him off the second time.

Edit: Btw, not that excuses Blount going after the fans, but I'm nearly positive that the one Boise fan in the white hat called him a n*****.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yaswbYnf8Sc

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Sep 4, 2009 -> 12:25 AM)
Wow what a sucker punch from that Oregon player. He is going to be suspended for a long time.

I was LMAO@that s***. But Blount was wrong and more than likely will get suspended.

Boise State was pretty damn impressive last night. They held on to the football for over 42 minutes. And Kellen Moore is a stud in the making. I really like the Broncos this year.

He should be charged and locked up. I'm sure he'll contribute to society in a positive way for the rest of his life.

Boring game by us last night? Absolutely. But I'll take ANY W when you go on the road and play a real team (Hi2U Charleston Southern/McNeese St/etc) to open the college football season, and have 15 freshman on your 2 deep. The offense was indeed offensive, Garcia has MUCH improvement to do still. But if Russell Wilson was the best the ACC had to offer as a QB, then that conference sucks even more than I thought.