Peavy's return timetable

bighurt4life

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 11:55 AM)
Wed, Sept 2 in Minnesota instead of the 8/28 start in NY then.

I don't think they'd be that cruel.

I think September 4 is the earliest possible first start for Peavy. Hopefully the Sox will still be in it then.

QUOTE (thedoctor @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 08:03 PM)
peavy on saturday night against ny would be awesome.

wgn game. wife away with girlfriends for a weekend. unchecked drinking.

someone make it happen.

Sat's game is a day game. 1:05 ET, which means the rest of us won't see it.

If he starts then, then 5 days later is the Cubs game, which is a problem.

QUOTE (longshot7 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 07:13 AM)
Sat's game is a day game. 1:05 ET, which means the rest of us won't see it.

If he starts then, then 5 days later is the Cubs game, which is a problem.

strange. it's listed both on the wgn america site and my dvr as scheduled to start at 1 p.m. here on wgn. the game is down to end at 4 (when the fox game starts) so there really wouldn't be the problem of competing for coverage.

in terms of the cub game i'm less concerned. if they don't want him to pitch that game he won't. pushing him back a day would hardly be a point of contention at that point.

Wow, just yesterday Levine was pointing at the Labor Day weekend series at home against Boston for the earliest possible scenrio in which they would bring Peavy up to start, and now after the brutal game yesterday, they move it up a whole week. Not sure I like the last resort efforts we are going through just to stay competitive within the AL Central race.

QUOTE (watchtower41 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 11:42 AM)
Wow, just yesterday Levine was pointing at the Labor Day weekend series at home against Boston for the earliest possible scenrio in which they would bring Peavy up to start, and now after the brutal game yesterday, they move it up a whole week. Not sure I like the last resort efforts we are going through just to stay competitive within the AL Central race.

When your in a desperate situation, you act upon desperate measures. 3.5 games back on a very tough road trip is a desperate situation. Peavy had 3 minor league starts. Thats what he was projected to have. KW wanted 4. But KW also thought we would be much closer to Detroit than we are. So yeah i am all for Peavy's return on Saturday.

QUOTE (WSoxMatt @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
Cowley calling Peavy 50-50

Cowley wishes he was right 50% of the time. I dont think he's had a useful Sox nugget all year, and why he still has a job as a "beat reporter" is beyond me. Levine is so much better and he doesnt even exclusively follow the Sox, hell Chuck Garfiend is better.