Is Dye being traded for Rios???

wilmot825

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (wilmot825 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
Question since he isn't playing tonight

None of us can rule out the possibility for certain. But I think they just want to give him a day off. He's been struggling pretty badly for 2 weeks now...

QUOTE (WCSox @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 03:16 AM)
In RF? Not really.

He has a combined -74.7 UZR over the last 3 and a half seasons in RF. He's an atrocious defender. It's unfortunate that people listen to Hawk's crackpot opinions because he's wrong a large majority of the time.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 09:13 PM)
Sure hope not. Rios can't shine Dye's shoes. Dye much better.

Dye is a better hitter with more power, but Rios is the vastly superior defender and base runner. That said, I don't want Dye moved as I think he'll turn his slump around and help down the stretch.

Rios Id love to go for, but our OF would be crowded. Once back in the groove, Dye is playing and he can't DH because Thome. CQ isn't leaving the lineup either and ScoPo gives the Sox a credible leadoff hitter. Just don't see the overall fit unless you plan to start platooning some guys.

He has a combined -74.7 UZR over the last 3 and a half seasons in RF. He's an atrocious defender. It's unfortunate that people listen to Hawk's crackpot opinions because he's wrong a large majority of the time.

I don't care what his UZR is. He's a f***ing stud and not an "atrocious" defender. YOu probably want us to trade Dye for Rios. You probably didn't want Dye in right field during our WS season. Give me a break please with the word "atrocious."

He may be average out there but he's not f***ing atrocious.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 09:39 PM)

It really is.

Dye's been horrendous and it's quite obvious too. Just because he makes nice catches after running in place for 3 seconds doesn't mean he's a great outfielder.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 09:51 PM)
I don't care what his UZR is. He's a f***ing stud and not an "atrocious" defender. YOu probably want us to trade Dye for Rios. You probably didn't want Dye in right field during our WS season. Give me a break please with the word "atrocious."

He may be average out there but he's not f***ing atrocious.

I hope this is a joke post.

I really do.

He's not a great outfielder, but he's not "horrendous" either. Some people would love it if we could switch players every month. Guys are easy to take for granted. How could anybody blast Dye?

Ingrates.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)
He's not a great outfielder, but he's not "horrendous" either. Some people would love it if we could switch players every month. Guys are easy to take for granted. How could anybody blast Dye?

Ingrates.

LOL, Classic.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 09:54 PM)

Ingrates.

No, he's really bad.

He takes good routes to most balls, but when he screws up even a little bit, bad things will happen.

He has trouble with line drives hit a bit over his head. When he runs towards the line for a ball, he's so slow getting there it's hard to watch. He makes some nice plays in front of him, but that's because he's had some experience before on those and because he doesn't need to do much running.

Dye NEEDS to be a DH next year. In fact, he should be one now. He's been one of the worst OF in baseball since 2005. The knee injury really screwed him over defensively.

Because it's genuinely funny.

If you guys want to mock me for standing up for Jermaine Dye, by all means do so.

He is not "atrocious" or "horrendous" in the outfield. You act like every ball hit out there drops.

Jermaine Dye is a f***ing stud. You disgree with this?? Wow.

Excuse me while I pop in my World Series tape.

Edited by greg775