Indians @ White Sox 1:05pm CSN-HD

WSoxMatt

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)
The Old core is looking old.

Instead of making sure that Thome gets 7 days off a week, maybe Ozzie should put Konerko's ass on the bench once in a while. His bat looks very slow, and his defense has been terrible the last 2 weeks. Watching Kotsay out there just reminds me of that.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 04:08 PM)
Instead of making sure that Thome gets 7 days off a week, maybe Ozzie should put Konerko's ass on the bench once in a while. His bat looks very slow, and his defense has been terrible the last 2 weeks. Watching Kotsay out there just reminds me of that.

what are you talking about dude konerko has saved our asses so many runs this yr its not even funny

i take it you didnt watch the yankee series where he robbed jeter like 3 times at least

Edited by beckham15

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 03:01 PM)
I think we've had 1 quality start on this homestand. We're lucky as s*** to go 6-4. If the starting pitching and offense doenst improve a lot very soon, we're gonna have a tough time catching up.

We'll see, I guess. Best case scenario: Buehrle gets it straightened out and Danks manages to get his changeup down and in the zone. Worst case scenario: Buehrle is burned 2006-style (kind of how he's looked recently) and Danks has an adjustment year after throwing a bunch of innings last year (kind of how he's looked much of the year). Without those 2, we're looking at 2010.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
Not the past few weeks he hasn't. I agree he's been excellent most of the year, but I can't be the only one who thinks he's been erratic over there in the last month.

like i said you must have skipped out on the yankee series

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
what are you talking about dude konerko has saved our asses so many runs this yr its not even funny

i take it you didnt watch the yankee series where he robbed jeter like 3 times at least

Well, you're right. I didn't watch that series because I was away. But I did watch him the 3 weeks before that, and I did see some E's in the stat sheet. More alarmingly, his bat has been slow. All he needs is a day or 2. I'd think they could do that, with all the time Thome gets off.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 04:13 PM)
Well, you're right. I didn't watch that series because I was away. But I did watch him the 3 weeks before that, and I did see some E's in the stat sheet. More alarmingly, his bat has been slow. All he needs is a day or 2. I'd think they could do that, with all the time Thome gets off.

thome hasnt hit lefties that well thats the reason he isnt in the lineup today

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
thome hasnt hit lefties that well thats the reason he isnt in the lineup today

Lefties have touched up Huff this season. Thome is so streaky, I hate when he sits when he's really hitting.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Baines3 @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 03:16 PM)
This was a very disappointing series. Jose is the end of the line and Linebrink pathetic. I hope we can pull this game out, I'll be glad to have Peavy in the rotation.

As great as this rotation is being made out to be, Floyd is the only one I trust right now. Hopefully Peavy can be a jolt to the rotation once he arrives.