SOX @ Oakland, 9:05 PM. WGN.

MHizzle85

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 09:23 PM)
That was inexcusable. How do you not make a routine catch on a fly ball? Rios screwed that up, that was Carlos' ball. I know the CF is in command of the OF, but Carlos had a easier chance of making that play.

Sorry, but I'm pretty sure most people would say you are wrong.

Edited by bobryansson

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 03:27 AM)
I think it starts with the manager getting up off his ass.

That never happens with Ozzie. He argues on the field less than any manager I've seen this year....except if it's to protect Jhonny Peralta on a bad call.

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:21 PM)
At least we can once again confidently say his extension was the worst contract of KW's regime.

jesus you people are ridiculous tonight. EVERY team runs out guys like Contreras on a weekly basis. he's been an adequate 5th starter this year and came back from a massive injury. give the guy a f***ing break. without the errors he'd have given up 1 or 2 at most.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 03:28 AM)
jesus you people are ridiculous tonight. EVERY team runs out guys like Contreras on a weekly basis. he's been an adequate 5th starter this year and came back from a massive injury. give the guy a f***ing break. without the errors he'd have given up 1 or 2 at most.

He's on his way to being 4-12 on the season! He's basically sucked ever since losing his winning streak in 2006.

and seriously, you guys are like "dfa count and sign a pitcher"

WHO?

WHO are you going to sign?

a 5th starter is SUPPOSED to be the worst starter on your staff, and when Peavy comes up that's what Jose will be. Get off the friggin ledge.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:28 PM)

I was about to leave, but then I saw this post.

The bold part is blatantly false. His ERA was over 5, even before tonight.

Now I'm gone.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Aug 14, 2009 -> 10:31 PM)
I was about to leave, but then I saw this post.

The bold part is blatantly false. His ERA was over 5, even before tonight.

Now I'm gone.

an ERA over 5 in the American League is bad, but every team has one in the rotation.