Peavy Rehab #2 and 8/18 Games

Brian

Unfortunately I just got back from a workout and just caught the tail end of it. He got hit pretty hard by one guy to left field corner. Another hit to CF was bobbled by the fielder so the amount of damage mightve been a shade worse than it had to be.

Still, it's probably fair to assume at this point he's finished as a major leaguer

Edited by Princess Dye

People need to realize what this is. This is Peavy getting his work in. Working on control, his secondary pitches. Not exactly the same thing as a big league game. I wouldn't get worried or excited about results good or bad. This is like people worrying about a ST start in Arizona.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 06:13 PM)
People need to realize what this is. This is Peavy getting his work in. Working on control, his secondary pitches. Not exactly the same thing as a big league game. I wouldn't get worried or excited about results good or bad. This is like people worrying about a ST start in Arizona.

Exactly, good post.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 19, 2009 -> 01:12 AM)
On the positive side, no walks and 5 k's. He'll be ok.

This is what I'm most concerned about. There have been errors and bloop hits and solid hits but as long as the K's are there and the walks aren't then I'm happy.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 18, 2009 -> 05:13 PM)

Spot on. He was throwing strikes and looks healthy. Plus 5 k's. I'll take it. Real excited to get him in a Sox uni.

Mitchell has a .905 OPS now. He's going to be fun to watch in W-S next year and beyond.

Watch out for Phegley also. He's got his OPS to .702 and he's been hitting like a machine lately. I think he's starting to come around to the wood bat. Gilmore-Mitchell-Phegley combo is really hitting for Kanny.

BTW.. Santos Rodriguez is still my sleeper pick.

Edited by SoxAce