John Danks Blister

soxfan420

Here's another short summary

Part of the reason for Danks' early struggles may have stemmed from an issue he was having with the index finger of his left pitching hand. He experienced blisters and a circulation problem a month ago, which caused him to miss a start. Saturday marked his sixth straight start in the rotation, but the problem flared up again, as television cameras captured what appeared to be a discoloration on his finger.

Danks quickly tried putting those issues to rest after the game.

"The finger's all right," Danks insisted. "It's OK. Apparently, they were showing it on TV. It wasn't nearly as bad as it looked. It's obviously still a work in progress, and I'm going to beat it. But everything was fine. I'm not going to use that as an excuse. It's just a matter of me not throwing strikes. I'll just have to get better."

And video of him saying it. :P

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Aug 23, 2009 -> 11:11 PM)
I did not know it was Ringo who yelled that - thought it was Lennon.

Nope, those two fades at the end of the song truncate 20 or so minutes of outro jamming where Ringo was just beating the hell out of his drums and his hands.

QUOTE (knightni @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 04:10 AM)
"With a Little Help from My Friends" and "Octopus' Garden" were both good songs.

Yep, though the first was written by John and Paul and only sung by him. Ditto for Yellow Submarine and Good Night. He gets writing and vocal credits for Don't Pass Me By. He also sang lead vocals on the old Luther Dixon and Wes Farrell song Boys.

Ringo was great, even as an undistinguished drummer, and the band wouldn't have been the same without him.

Edited by FlaSoxxJim

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Aug 24, 2009 -> 07:07 AM)
Yep, though the first was written by John and Paul and only sung by him. Ditto for Yellow Submarine and Good Night. He gets writing and vocal credits for Don't Pass Me By. He also sang lead vocals on the old Luther Dixon and Wes Farrell song Boys.

Ringo was great, even as an undistinguished drummer, and the band wouldn't have been the same without him.

The greatest song he ever did was the no song.