Are you...

Milkman delivers

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 12:02 PM)
Good post.

I'll always follow the team as a fan. I've been addicted a long time.

But this ain't our year. I would be simply stunned if we do better than 2-8 this trip.

This truly is going to be the offseason where the lineup gets altered a lot.

Like how?

If the Twins are in, then the Sox are in, and if the Sox are in, then I'm in too.

Jose is gone and will be replaced by Peavy for the rest of the season, and if Freddy can find his command then we've got our 5th starter. If we had started the season with Peavy and a healthy Freddy instead of Contreras and Colon, and Beckham instead of Fields, and Rios instead of Wise/BA then we would be 8+ games ahead right now and trying to decide who we should match up with CC in Game 1 of the playoffs. We've got the ability to make a run and we just need our pitching to stabilize and our offense to realize it is f***ing August, not April. I think if we can do that we'll immediately improve in terms of defense and fundamentals by improving the overall attitude and focus of the team.

If we had started the season with Peavy and a healthy Freddy instead of Contreras and Colon, and Beckham instead of Fields, and Rios instead of Wise/BA then we would be 8+ games ahead right now and trying to decide who we should match up with CC in Game 1 of the playoffs.

Man, I just don't know if that's the case.

My memory is slipping, but haven't we basically been the same team all year? Weren't we even in first for a while? We've never been too far over .500 and never way below. A healthy Freddy? I don't think he's got much in the tank personally healthy or unhealthy.

As far as changes in our lineup, Pods will be gone. Does anybody really believe Thome/Dye/Konerko will be back? I'd say one of the three maybe, probably Dye.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 01:30 PM)
As far as changes in our lineup, Pods will be gone. Does anybody really believe Thome/Dye/Konerko will be back? I'd say one of the three maybe, probably Dye.

Why wouldn't Konerko be back? He's under contract next year. Are you saying we're going to be trading him? If so, who is gonna play first for us?

We will have probably 6-7 starters back next year, plus probably Nix filling the super-sub role. That isn't really significant changes.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 12:30 PM)
Man, I just don't know if that's the case.

My memory is slipping, but haven't we basically been the same team all year? Weren't we even in first for a while? We've never been too far over .500 and never way below. A healthy Freddy? I don't think he's got much in the tank personally healthy or unhealthy.

This team has cycled through tons of players. Kenny has made several demotions and promotions, made several trades, claimed Rios on waivers, we've signed guys mid-season, I mean we've done everything.

Between where we are now and where we were on opening day, we have a new CF, a new LF/CF (Pods), 2 new SP, new guys in the bullpen, and a whole new bench.

I've discussed Freddy before so I'm not going to get back into that. But he has the same stuff now that he had for us in 2006, except he struggled to control it in his first start back after regaining velocity. He never lost anything except fastball velocity and is 34. I have no idea how people can compare Freddy, who is on this way back and continually making progress, with Contreras, who is at the end of the line and can barely stay consistently good for back-to-back innings, much less starts.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

Step 1. I'm out....until I get home and start watching...then I'm in.

Step 2. Then the Sox completely piss another one away they should have won. Then I'm out.

Step 3. Then I wake up with new optimism...then I'm in.

Repeat steps 1-3 daily.

I'm never out. It may have been lost sight of during all my rants about Ozzie and Linebrink and whatnot, but overall I could quite possibly be the most optimistic guy on this board. I mean, it really isn't over until it's OVER. And after how the Sox won the division last year, I'll never say "That's it, it's over" ever again. Even I thought there was ZERO chance of the Sox doing what they did to win the division in 2008.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 12:16 PM)
IM OUT UNLESS WE MAKE TO PLAYOFFS. MY PC IS BROKEN.

SENT FROM BLACKBERRY

LMAO, this is a good one

I read every one of your posts as if Beckham is saying them, with that look on his face. It never gets old

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Aug 25, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
We're unwilling to win a game against Boston, despite them begging us to do so, yet we're going to win in New York and Minnesota?

hahahaha

Please Detroit, win your game tonight and get this "race" over with.

Minnesota will be lots of fun. They are screwed mentally before they ever get there... :lol: