Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
His assist/turnover ratio is 2/1 and he's 2nd in the Big Ten in assists. He could do a better job not turning it over, but other than that, he looks like a legit point guard.

In Big Ten play McCamey leads the conference in assists:

1.McCamey, Demetri-ILL..... JR 11 82 7.45

2.Turner, Evan-OSU......... JR 9 51 5.67

...and those two guys were on the same high school team.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 08:53 PM)
In Big Ten play McCamey leads the conference in assists:

1.McCamey, Demetri-ILL..... JR 11 82 7.45

2.Turner, Evan-OSU......... JR 9 51 5.67

...and those two guys were on the same high school team.

I saw them (St. Josephs) plays Derrick Rose's Simeon team their senior years. It was funny watching Turner talk trash to Rose and Rose just smiling and being calm the whole game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
I hope the Illini can keep up the momentum from Saturdays win, but I forsee a big letdown tonight, especially at the Kohl Center. Should be an easy win for the Badgers, would definitely take them vs. the spread (-9)

Sometimes if feels so good to be wrong.... I-L-L!!!!

Thanks for the support Rock, although I know you'll be on the other side Sunday for the battle of high school teammates. They wya DMac has been playing, he may have a chance to hang with Turner.

QUOTE (hitlesswonder @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 10:53 PM)
As an unbiased observer, I think MSU has been the victim of some reeaallly bad officiating tonight. Sort of surprising on their home court....

That last call on Morgan was embarrassingly bad and the refs didn't even know what was going on. College refs are terrible at their jobs.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 05:11 AM)
Korie Lucious absolutely killed MSU's momentum. They cut it to 3 Moore hits a tough 3 and then Lucious has a terrible turnover and Purdue is back in control of the game.

He's terrible. Shocking, as he showed a lot of promise last season.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Feb 8, 2010 -> 04:46 PM)
I don't see how Michigan State having their best player would have no impact on the game. Regardless, I think Illinois is a team 3-4 games worse than their record. They are 8-3 in the Big Ten. They are 2-3 in the Big Ten against teams not named Iowa, Indiana or Penn State. Northwestern, a team no one is going to claim is near the top 25, is 4-6 against Big Ten teams not named Iowa, Indiana or Penn State. Same winning percentage. Illinois is a young team with potential for the future, but this year's team is very pedestrian and you're only setting yourself up for disappointment if you expectations are higher than a tourney birth.

Oops

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 08:05 PM)

Pretty sure Villanova was neither unranked nor a 9 point underdog.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 9, 2010 -> 09:14 PM)
I saw them (St. Josephs) plays Derrick Rose's Simeon team their senior years. It was funny watching Turner talk trash to Rose and Rose just smiling and being calm the whole game.

The funny thing is, as good as they both were back then, they are both SO much better now. Chicago basketball is getting nice representation.

McCamey has been playing GREAT at the point for the Illini. I'm much happier to see E'twaun Moore finally start to get some recognition for his game. Musberger was riding his jock the entire game last night, even calling for him to get serious Big Ten player of the year consideration. That's a bit much for me with Evan Turner far and away the player of the year, but other then Turner I would go with McCamey & E'twaun as tops in the league.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 09:18 AM)
The funny thing is, as good as they both were back then, they are both SO much better now. Chicago basketball is getting nice representation.

Exactly. Demetri wasn't as aggressive in high school and Turner is such a better team player. The one time I saw him in high school, he was such a ball hog and made bad decisions.

Mizzou fans, enjoy destroying Iowa State tonight. Also found this bit of interestingness posted elsewhere.

After the 2005-06 season half the big 12 basketball programs replaced their head coaches.

Here is how the programs have done since that time. Updated Feb. 7th 2010

Iowa State:

Coaches - Greg McDermott

Overall Record - 57-61

Conference Record - 16-40

Conference Titles - 0

Post Season - 0

Kansas State:

Coaches - Bob Huggins and Frank Martin

Overall Record - 85-40

Conference Record - 35-22

Conference Titles - 0

Post Season - 1 NCAA (2nd Round), 2 NIT’s

Missouri:

Coaches - Mike Anderson

Overall Record - 82-41

Conference Record - 30-26

Conference Titles - 1 Conference Tournament

Post Season - 1 NCAA (Elite Eight)

Nebraska:

Coaches - Doc Sadler

Overall Record - 68-49

Conference Record - 22-34

Conference Titles - 0

Post Season - 2 NIT’s

Oklahoma:

Coaches - Jeff Capel

Overall Record - 83-42

Conference Record - 32-24

Conference Titles - 0

Post Season - 2 NCAA (2nd Round and Elite Eight)

Oklahoma State:

Coaches - Sean Sutton and Travis Ford

Overall Record - 78-48

Conference Record - 26-31

Conference Titles - 0

Post Season - 1 NCAA (2nd Round), 2 NIT’s

How these teams finished in 2005-2006 before the coaching turnover.

Oklahoma - 3rd

Nebraska - 6th

Oklahoma State - 7th

Iowa State - 8th

Kansas State - 9th

Missouri - 11th

We're worse than freaking Nebraska.

I thought Anderson was dead in the water after my junior year. We were having so many damn off the court problems and stefhon hannah left (ha!), and then we have an elite 8 birth and I love our program again. You forget you need time to eliminate the coked out snyder program.

THAT SAID

yah you need to change coaches or schedule a powder puff pre-conference schedule just to look like you win more.

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 03:35 PM)
Exactly. Demetri wasn't as aggressive in high school and Turner is such a better team player. The one time I saw him in high school, he was such a ball hog and made bad decisions.

Oh yeah, Turner couldnt dribble a ball until his soph year of college.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Feb 10, 2010 -> 08:51 PM)
John Henson and Ed Davis putting on a shot blocking clinic for UNC against Duke but this has been a really poorly played basketball game thus far.

Roy can't figure out just how worthless Ginyard and Deon are on the floor. He just can't get past that they are seniors and it kills UNC. Ugh.

Edited by Palehosefan

In Big 10 news, NW basically played themselves out of any chance at an at large bid by getting blown out by Iowa tonight. Basically their best case scenario is 10-8 win out minus the game at Wisconsin (unless they pull a miracle and win at Wisconsin) and that isn't good enough to get them in. They would need a strong run in the BTT to have any chance.