Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 13, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
Both Penn St. and Oklahoma have had midlevel basketball programs overall. Yes, OK has had more recent Bball success (last 8-10 years). However, both PSU and OK are very similar in football; even though OK has a more successful overall history.

Not important, but Penn State is not midlevel. 8 tourney appearances all time.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 13, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
Salukis are clearly on the right track with a huge win at home vs. the mighty Evansville Purple Aces.

Haha we still looked absolutely horrendous. I've figured out that we only run 3 plays.

1. The Freeman Circle: Tony Freeman runs around until he's open while the other 4 players stand and stare

2. The Dillard Dribble: KD dribbles the ball around finds a bad shot and takes it, or he makes a bad pass and turns it over.

3. The Teague: (the only one that works well) Give Teague the ball and let him score or get stripped

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Feb 14, 2010 -> 02:10 AM)
Haha we still looked absolutely horrendous. I've figured out that we only run 3 plays.

1. The Freeman Circle: Tony Freeman runs around until he's open while the other 4 players stand and stare

2. The Dillard Dribble: KD dribbles the ball around finds a bad shot and takes it, or he makes a bad pass and turns it over.

3. The Teague: (the only one that works well) Give Teague the ball and let him score or get stripped

Ha, you described our offense so well. Wow that's pathetic actually looking at that. I will say though that I was shocked to see KD scored 14 today. Remember when he was good?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Feb 14, 2010 -> 09:34 AM)
I feel like Illinois is going to pull this one off today, but hopefully ET and Buford show up and make it a contest.

i'm expecting a major let down today. They've just been too good the past two games.

Still waiting for Mike Davis to do something. Ohio State WILL be a final four team if they stay out of foul trouble. Man they are good, but their obvious achilles heel is the depth and front-court size. But they have shooters, athletes and everyone can handle the ball minus Lauderdale.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 14, 2010 -> 06:19 AM)
Ha, you described our offense so well. Wow that's pathetic actually looking at that. I will say though that I was shocked to see KD scored 14 today. Remember when he was good?

We can only hope he can stop sucking, yesterday was an improvement.

Ohio State is really good.

OSU was as great on offense today as Illinois was bad on offense. I felt like Illinois got a ton of good looks and probably even easier shots than we did against Wisconsin and MSU just nobody could knock anything down. But even if they had shot well I'm not sure it would have mattered with the way OSU played on O. And btw today was exhibit 1 as to why Demetri isn't an NBA player yet. He cannot guard at all which is actually why I was worried about OSU because they don't have a guy in their starting lineup who can't score. He was slow as hell getting around screens which lead to Diebler's barrage of uncontested 3's. Also Mike Davis is just pathetic, terrible D on Lighty the entire game, doesn't provide any help defense even though he is 6'9 and can sky. Refuses to dunk the ball, and never cut to the basket and instead decided to take 15 ft jump shots which he can't hit this year.

QUOTE (Sonik22 @ Feb 14, 2010 -> 01:10 AM)

Haha ISU runs a variation of number 2 called the Osiris dribble.

Somehow ISU wins two huge road games this week to put them .5 game behind Wichita for 2nd, and 1 game up on Creighton and Bradley(but they own the tie breaker vs both so basically 2 games).

QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 14, 2010 -> 02:39 PM)
Haha ISU runs a variation of number 2 called the Osiris dribble.

Somehow ISU wins two huge road games this week to put them .5 game behind Wichita for 2nd, and 1 game up on Creighton and Bradley(but they own the tie breaker vs both so basically 2 games).

Hell yeah. Couple huge wins lately. Setting us up nicely to lose in another mvc tourney championship. Anybody else going to the tourney this year?

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 14, 2010 -> 03:04 PM)
Looked for about 25 minutes like we could seriously challenge Kansas. Then we remembered we stink. Still, can't be too disappointed with a 14 point loss in Lawrence.

Its called a yawn fest, thats what happens when you play bad teams. KU is looking ahead to KState.

QUOTE (Jimbo's Drinker @ Feb 14, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
Its called a yawn fest, thats what happens when you play bad teams. KU is looking ahead to KState.

We've been drawing teams into a lull lately.

The fact that in the span of 20 seconds I watched Brady Morningstar get a stuff and break some ankles at the other end of the court was sad.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Feb 14, 2010 -> 05:24 PM)
I'm debating it.

Have you ever been? It's really a blast. I just need the redbirds to win on Friday and I'll be good. One of my favorite weekends of the year. It always seems to be way nicer in St. Louis at that time of the year as well. It's always fun to get a hotel and drink all weekend.

QUOTE (Felix @ Feb 14, 2010 -> 06:30 PM)
Gee, another loss. Good to see we don't want to take anything positive out of this season.

Yeah, that was a weird game. Neither team had much of an at-large chance going in. Minnesota's has to be about 0 now and Northwestern probably has to win out plus an upset or 2 in the BTT.

Allen Fieldhouse was a pretty cool experience. The atmosphere was rocking and it was pretty loud for a regular conference game like that. One of the best opening video montages I've ever seen too. We were about six rows from the back and still had a good view of the court, definitely can see why they are so good at home. I never realized that Wilt Chamberlain died 11 years ago, thought he was still alive. As for the game, it seemed like ISU had chances to stay in the game, but they kept blowing them. Bad shots, sloppy mistakes, next thing you know they were down 20. I guess thats why their record is what it is. Just a workmanlike performance from KU, just get the victory. And that Cole Aldrich fellow is one big dude. 400th career win for the Jayhawk coach, but I still say f*** you Bill Self.

Thankfully I was flying home Sunday so I didnt have to watch the Illini game, what an ass kicking. Not too upset though, they aren't good enough to actually win the Big Ten, and starting off this tough stretch 2-1 is as good as I could have expected. Take the week off, forget about this last game and get one of the next two road games. Hopefully they can finish off this last 5 games at least 3-2.