I just heard on the Score

MurcieOne

I wonder who the other player is. What time tomorrow is the deadline?

White Sox complete trade with Rangers

CHICAGO -- The Chicago White Sox will send minor-league outfielder Anthony Webster and pitchers Frankie Francisco and Josh Rupe to the Texas Rangers to complete the July 1 trade in which the White Sox acquired outfielder Carl Everett and cash considerations.

Francisco, 23, is 7-3 with a 3.56 ERA (31 ER/78.1 IP) in 16 starts at Class A Winston-Salem. The right-hander, who the White Sox acquired from Boston in a trade for Bob Howry on July 31, 2002, has struck out 67 while walking 36.

Rupe, 20, is 5-5 with six saves and a 3.02 ERA (22 ER/65.2 IP) in 26 games (seven starts) at Class A Kannapolis. The right-hander has struck out 69 in 65.2 IP, walking 36.

Webster, 20, is hitting .289 (105-363) with two home runs, 33 RBI and 20 stolen bases in 94 games at Kannapolis.

Damn it, I thought Webster was on the A list meaning they could only get one other name.

s***, I hate saying Rupe get dealt. he was just moved to the rotation and is gonna be awesome.

Fransico is solid but older for being in A ball and the Sox could afford to move Webster.

White Sox complete trade with Rangers

CHICAGO -- The Chicago White Sox will send minor-league outfielder Anthony Webster and pitchers Frankie Francisco and Josh Rupe to the Texas Rangers to complete the July 1 trade in which the White Sox acquired outfielder Carl Everett and cash considerations.

Francisco, 23, is 7-3 with a 3.56 ERA (31 ER/78.1 IP) in 16 starts at Class A Winston-Salem. The right-hander, who the White Sox acquired from Boston in a trade for Bob Howry on July 31, 2002, has struck out 67 while walking 36.

Rupe, 20, is 5-5 with six saves and a 3.02 ERA (22 ER/65.2 IP) in 26 games (seven starts) at Class A Kannapolis. The right-hander has struck out 69 in 65.2 IP, walking 36.

Webster, 20, is hitting .289 (105-363) with two home runs, 33 RBI and 20 stolen bases in 94 games at Kannapolis.

WTF!! They got 3 players? :angry: , 2 being Webster and Rupe who I thought if either one of them was picked, they'd only get 2 players instead of 3.

Hmmm, so whats the minor league talent experts opinion on what we gave up?

Francisco is solid, very good arm. Rupe is the best the Rangers got, barn none.

Him and Pacheco were the two that I'd least like to see go. The good thing is the Sox have Honel, Wing, Cotts, Pacheco, Diaz and others that are going to be ready before Rupe is. Plus, I think its almost always better trading lower level guys away cause so many things can happen between now and the majors.

WTF!!  They got 3 players? :angry: , 2 being Webster and Rupe who I thought if either one of them was picked, they'd only get 2 players instead of 3.

There were lots of scenarios rumored but none were ever confirmed. The only one I did get confirmed is that if they took Malone along with Webster or Yan, then they could not take a 3rd player. None of the other scenarios were ever more than rumors.

Too much, unless Everett is the savior that leads this team to the promised land.  And i don't think that will be the case.

Agreed...Sox would of been better off acquiring Kendall and Giles and never of even thinking about Everett.

I liked Everett too. Now if the Sox can get 2 first rounders for Everett and the Sox make the playoffs, then its well worth it. Thats what makes this hard. I still think KW got hosed on this one, mainly because the Rangers paid his way.

What I want to know is who else was bidding for his services?

So this brings up the question....right now, because we know who we still have off the list of players that were available....are we buyers or sellers?

I would be so in favor of getting a dominant arm or two for the pen for down the stretch. I would absolutely love getting Mota or Shuey from the Dodgers, but what would it take? I wouldn't mind getting DeJean from Milwaukee, but once again, I wouldn't give up that much to get him. Lightenberg seems like a good pitcher, and I'm sure we could get him, and we could always try to get another starter(maybe Trachsel, Suppan, D'Amico, Lawrence, Valdes, maybe someone else?) and move Wright to the pen.

Just throwing some names out there.

Agreed...Sox would of been better off acquiring Kendall and Giles and never of even thinking about Everett. 

I liked Everett too.  Now if the Sox can get 2 first rounders for Everett and the Sox make the playoffs, then its well worth it.  Thats what makes this hard.  I still think KW got hosed on this one, mainly because the Rangers paid his way.

What I want to know is who else was bidding for his services?

Loved to have gotten Giles, but taking Kendall also probably put the price as to high for JR to swallow. I don't see the Pirates picking up salary. We get hosed on the deal for Everett unless he starts hitting and we keep winning. Also if we just let him, Alomar and Colon walk after the season. Rent-a-player we should not play.

my 2 cents, i am not an expert for our minor leagues, but i can see what may be talent.

even tho i always like the mets trade, i hated the tx trade. giving up webster, in spite of reed, should have never been in the list, let alone 3 players. getting rupe with webster is a major steal for tx. their should have been no way in hell we should have give up 2 quality prospect for a player who is going to be a rent a player.

if everett comes on and help wins the series, then i might add that the trade was worth it.

another angle to look at it is if we get 2 picks for him and then i will say the trade may have been a good one.

7-10 months ago everybody on this board was creaming in their pants over Webster. So we give him away for a .270 hitter with a little power who is below average in center. If we would have offered Anthony Webster alone to every team in the majors, I am dead certain that we would have been offered more than Carl Everett. Then you give them the choice of some very promising pitchers. Man, this is expensive. John Hart must have said something magical as he danced away with whoever made the trade. So far Carl has contributed one large two out, two run single that beat the Indians the other night. We always get out negoiated. The Rangers probably allowed us to put Yan, malone, and Allen in the pot, because they never had any intention of taking them. They were just window dressing. They wanted Webster, who was probably untouchable not long ago, and convinced us to put him in the pot, because "we want pitching." Then they take the stud. Other than Honel and Cotts, they had our very best pitching prospects available. All for a player that the Rangers did not even want. Sorry for the rant. I am out.

my understanding is that Texas really wanted Malone. So much so that the deal was structured that if they took Malone and either Webster or Yan, that is all they could take. I also think the deal was set that they didn't have the option of taking three pitchers.

don't forget jeremy reed, so we have andersen, Reed, borchard, sweeney, plus we will probably get a first round sandwich pick for everett. I really don't understand why we are pulling our hair out for webster. He is a light hitter with decent talent, not great. Maybe I am missing something, but andersen and reed will be here before webster hits the majors.

I am consentrating on winning this year. We still have a great chance, and everett will be good. Rupe was the only lose. Its unfortunate.

Thanks, Rex. Didn't know that. But if that's the case, Webster should not have been included. Just too good of a prospect to be traded for Everett, IMO. Let's face it, we have several guys in our system that probably won't play for the Sox, but might very well play for the Rangers that would have been appropriate for Everett. I hate to name names, but we have discussed them in other threads.

Until I see One of those 3 the Rangers took in the Majors doing good, I could care less about them..

When they r in the majors doing good, then I will regret losing them, till then we did what we had to do to get better, and until it bites us in the ass I am all for it