White Sox @ Cubs, 1:20 PM, CSN

justBLAZE

QUOTE (ObamaKnowsBest @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 01:27 PM)
Can we get an explanation of this double play?

Beckham hit the ball back to pitcher, pitcher bobbled, but Pods was just prancing in place between 2nd and 3rd for no reason, he was thrown out, and Beckham was just running between 1st and 2nd for some reason and ran into an easy double play.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 01:26 PM)
Virtually no baseball IQ.

You are so right and I wish this was something that was talked about outside of this forum. Going the other way and playing sound baseball is baseball IQ, AJ is the only person on that team that has it. Our pitchers do not even have it hence the lead off walks, 0-2 hits and 2 rallies they give up.

Lettting go strikes go and fouling off tough pitches are things Sox hitters are incapable of.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
Sigh.. Good to see we won't be playing Flowers until we're out of it, but Wise will keep us in the race for sure!

Sigh...some people...

Why take AB's away from AJ? He's one of the few players who has played well and as if they give a s***. So yeah, after a day off let's sit him again.

You and the majority of the board have been b****ing about Rios, and rightfully so, so Ozzie is giving him the day off. I also have no problem sitting Dye as he has done jack s*** lately. Honestly, what is it gonna hurt. Maybe Wise will play like he cares, which would be a nice change from many of the team right now.

It's not as if FLowers plays the same position, so comparing them in a NL setting since theres no DH is silly.

Beckham hit a grounder back to the pitcher. Podsednik broke for third on contact, then realized he was caught between second and third. However Dempster did not field the ball cleanly, so if Podsednik would have just ran hard to third, he possibly could have beaten a throw there. Instead, he accepted that he was caught in a rundown, and tried to buy time for Beckham to possibly reach second. Unfortunately, the Cubs ran Podsednik back to second pretty efficiently, and Beckham didn't realize he was going to get tagged out so quickly, and himself got caught between first and second while entertaining the notion of getting into second while Podsednik was in a rundown.

In short, Beckham should have just stayed at first. Podsednik should have not left second in the first place or should have run hard for third base.

Of course, both did the stupid thing.

You and the majority of the board have been b****ing about Rios, and rightfully so, so Ozzie is giving him the day off. I also have no problem sitting Dye as he has done jack s*** lately. Honestly, what is it gonna hurt. Maybe Wise will play like he cares, which would be a nice change from many of the team right now.

Great post. There's a lot to b**** about when you tank 2-8. The Sox needed an 8-2 to avoid our b****fest. They've put us in the b**** mode for sure.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 02:31 PM)
Sigh...some people...

Why take AB's away from AJ? He's one of the few players who has played well and as if they give a s***. So yeah, after a day off let's sit him again.

I didn't say we should bench AJ for Flowers. I just find it absurd that Ozzie so called reasons for not playing any of the young guys is that it would be, "giving up". And that Ozzie instead still regards what used to be the second worst everyday player in all of baseball (Wise), as a good option to start in a very significant game, wherein, the DH is not even playing.

Edited by Thunderbolt

And that Ozzie instead still regards what used to be the second worst everyday player in all of baseball (Wise), as a good option to start in a very significant game, wherein, the DH is not even playing.

A sign of the s***ty season we've had is Wise had 2 of the best moments all year and he's the scum of the earth to fans.

He beat the Yankees with a base hit and saved the perfect game with the catch. He's the second worst everyday player in all of baseball? Every team has a guy or two as bad as Wise.

I refuse to give CQ a pass. What a piece of crap he has been. He's been no better than any of our other hitters drawing criticism around here, but seems to avoid the Soxtalk venom. While I enjoy his effort, I see no reason why he should be playing every damn day as opposed to others.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 3, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
I refuse to give CQ a pass. What a piece of crap he has been. He's been no better than any of our other hitters drawing criticism around here, but seems to avoid the Soxtalk venom. While I enjoy his effort, I see no reason why he should be playing every damn day as opposed to others.

I agree.