The Official Put the Voodoo Devil Curse on the Tigers Thread

iamshack

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
We'll probably end up losing most of those anyways.

Take your pessimistic ass the f*** out of this thread.

5 back. Let's get it to 3 by the last 9.

Very doable.

Mark vs Kazmir tomorrow, while the Jays have Romero against Porcello in a rookie showdown.

Die Kitties!

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 09:12 PM)
We'll probably end up losing most of those anyways.

Right. Our next game is against Kazmir, who we've already knocked the s*** out of this season and Ian Snell, who has been garbage all year. After that we possibly have Peavy going, it's very possible for us to win our next three and it's equally possible for the Tigers to lose two of their next three.

That happens and we're three games back with 6 left against them, they just got swept by the royals and now the Blue Jays are thumping them, the Tigers are burning out just as we're heating up.

QUOTE (League @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 09:18 PM)
Right. Our next game is against Kazmir, who we've already knocked the s*** out of this season and Ian Snell, who has been garbage all year. After that we possibly have Peavy going, it's very possible for us to win our next three and it's equally possible for the Tigers to lose two of their next three.

That happens and we're three games back with 6 left against them, they just got swept by the royals and now the Blue Jays are thumping them, the Tigers are burning out just as we're heating up.

Have none of you learned anything about this team yet? Just when they give you hope, they start sucking. What happens after Mark Buehrle throws perfect game? We go 1-5 on an awful road trip. What happens after we win a big series against KC with a matchup of Greinke vs. Contreras? We lose a series to the Orioles and win 2 of our next 10.

This team will give you hope and suck it away. It's been doing that all year. Would I like to see it not do that? Of course. It's not about who's right or wrong, it's about this team being absolute crap when it matters most. That's why I don't see it winning this division.

BTW, Kazmir has been much better since joining the Angels. He's not the same guy we faced earlier on in the year with the Rays. Knowing this team, Ian Snell might cause some trouble.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 10:32 PM)
Have none of you learned anything about this team yet? Just when they give you hope, they start sucking. What happens after Mark Buehrle throws perfect game? We go 1-5 on an awful road trip. What happens after we win a big series against KC with a matchup of Greinke vs. Contreras? We lose a series to the Orioles and win 2 of our next 10.

This team will give you hope and suck it away. It's been doing that all year. Would I like to see it not do that? Of course. It's not about who's right or wrong, it's about this team being absolute crap when it matters most. That's why I don't see it winning this division.

BTW, Kazmir has been much better since joining the Angels. He's not the same guy we faced earlier on in the year with the Rays. Knowing this team, Ian Snell might cause some trouble.

We've got a few weeks of baseball left, maybe a couple more after that if we get really, really lucky. Some of us are trying to enjoy every last minute that we can. Expecting the worst constantly is absolutely no fun, and its nice to enjoy when the team plays well and/or wins rather than think "doesn't matter anyway, we suck." This thread is about cursing the Tigers and (more recently) optimism about the Sox chances. Feel free to start a "Sox have no chance" thread if you need to talk about it.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 09:32 PM)

Thanks for pissing in everyone's cheerios!

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 12, 2009 -> 08:32 PM)

Everything you wrote is absolutely spot-on accurate.

That being said, stay the f*** out of our voodoo thread! ;)

As for Kazmir, he has been reunited with his former pitching coach, Mike Butcher, which may explain the recent renaissance.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 12:38 AM)
Everything you wrote is absolutely spot-on accurate.

As the saying goes, De Nile is ONLY a river in Egypt. Nothing he said had any merit and you know it.

That being said, stay the f*** out of our voodoo thread! ;)

Agreed.

As for Kazmir, he has been reunited with his former pitching coach, Mike Butcher, which may explain the recent renaissance.

Who is this guy, Don Cooper? For f***s sake, Kazmir is horrible and there's absolutely nothing the Angels can do about it, ever.

The Sox are going to take this thing. Anyone who doesn't think so need only to compare the rotations.

The Tigers rotation:

tigersrotation-1.jpg

The Sox rotation:

soxrotation.jpg

The mood in the Detroit clubhouse may be gay at the moment, but just wait until Leyland goes nuts.

maggsleylandguillen.jpg

And again, non-believers stay the hell out of this thread. If you're already here, then you can drop your Journey CD's at the doorstep, turn your ass around, make like a tree, and get the f*** out of here.

PSS will someone PLEASE embed this video? I don't know how to do this internet stuff. Or even better, just find the song on one of those players that play automatically. Then edit the audio player into every page of this thread so that this thread is impossible to view without listening to Journey.

Edit: Damn it, I can't find the actual video for the song either because a bunch of YouTards went ahead and made dumbass videos with it and labeled it like the real thing. People should be shot over this kind of stuff.

Edited by Kenny Hates Prospects

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 13, 2009 -> 03:44 AM)
PSS will someone PLEASE embed this video? I don't know how to do this internet stuff. Or even better, just find the song on one of those players that play automatically. Then edit the audio player into every page of this thread so that this thread is impossible to view without listening to Journey.

Edit: Damn it, I can't find the actual video for the song either because a bunch of YouTards went ahead and made dumbass videos with it and labeled it like the real thing. People should be shot over this kind of stuff.