Would Kotsay come back here?

Princess Dye

I believe his past indicates that he tends to sign wherever he can be assured of the most playing time (extended w/ OAK during his prime years). Seeing as how he's older, that's obviously more likely to be true now.

We might be a good mix of being a contender and having a spot open. We need OF/DH, backup 1B, and lefty hitting.

But would he prefer, due to his age, to pinch hit for a big time contender?

I'm sure all Sox fans are terrified that he reverts to his recent career lows. But in truth, he has never really stopped hitting righty pitching. Even in 08.

Edited by Princess Dye

It'd be great to sign him quick and then do all the upgrades you need.

Obviously it'd be great if we could be so stocked that he's an elite PH. But he wont sign here being told that.

You could DH Pods with Kotsay on the roster, but we need power upgrading somehow too. Blaylock somehow?

Edited by Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 11:08 AM)
You could DH Pods with Kotsay on the roster, but we need power upgrading somehow too. Blaylock somehow?

I like this idea, but you couldn't DH Pods with Blalock on the roster. Unless, of course, Ozzie decides to put Getz in the leadoff spot and Pods is relegated to a utility/pinch-running role. I really like Kotsay as a utility guy, but I still think that Pods' ability to lead off makes him more valuable overall.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 02:02 PM)
I'd say it's like 80/20 that he's back.

I like to think it's higher than that. He's a great player if you use him as a backup, late inning pinch hitter, and stopgap starter for DLed players, but if he's brought back for much more than that, it could turn into a pretty bad resigning. I like to think Ozzie has learned from the days of Erstad.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 03:50 PM)
I like to think it's higher than that. He's a great player if you use him as a backup, late inning pinch hitter, and stopgap starter for DLed players, but if he's brought back for much more than that, it could turn into a pretty bad resigning. I like to think Ozzie has learned from the days of Erstad.

I'm not sure about that.