Twins @ White Sox, 9/23/09

Balta1701

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 09:04 PM)
Whooptie f***ing doo. Where was this for the last 8 weeks?

I know, I know. It's been painfully missing for quite some time. But I'm still a big fan of JD, and in his waning days in a Sox uniform, I'd at least like to see him go out on a good note.

My biggest fear was the Sox went on a tear to end the season when they're well out of it, giving everyone a sense of false hope...and stand pat and bring everybody back without many changes. Even though there hasn't been many results...Flowers sure does look good at the plate.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 09:20 PM)
Why not? Its a chance to see what the kid is made of in a game that doesn't matter. People have been clamoring for exactly what Ozzie just gave us.

Agreed completely. Kinda wish we saw more of Nunez too actually. See that KW can look at some of these relievers making the minimum next season pitching well for us.

****ing Punto.

It's an embarrassment to the sport of baseball that the Twins have this .229 weak-hitting shrimp on a major league roster.

The only bigger embarrassment is that we keep letting Punto beat us.

All he can do is foul of pitches to work a walk, run the bases, and hit bloopers. So what do we let him do? We walk him, let him run the bases, and hit bloopers.

2 runs scored and 3 batted in - he's the difference tonight, not Mauer, not Kubel, not Cuddyer.

When will we learn that we should position our outfielders about 50 feet behind the edge of the inflield. I have never seen Punto hit a ball over an outfielder's head, but we've sure seen plenty bloopers that have just fallen in front of our outfielders.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 09:41 PM)
Not to mention Cincy and Houston won so the sox will gain a game for the 10th pick (Oakland is also losing though)

Well that's something to look forward too. Maybe they can get another guy that will contribute immediately. Glad to see you've got a positive spin on this. We can be like Lions fans after week 10.

Edited by kitekrazy