Miguel Cabrera got drunk with Sox players Friday night?

scenario

QUOTE (Wanne @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 01:35 PM)
Didn't know they did a BAC for a domestic call?...which the rumor of DUI would make more sense.

BAC might be done if he was arrested - its not just used for vehicular issues (though that is the most common). But the articles say there was no arrest. Sorta weird, if there was no arrest, and no driving, if they did that. New to me.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 12:51 PM)
and hangovers get worse with age, even if you learn to tolerate them a bit better

That was a turning point in my life, I now fear the hangover. No way I want to be barfing and sweating. :lolhitting

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 01:37 PM)
BAC might be done if he was arrested - its not just used for vehicular issues (though that is the most common). But the articles say there was no arrest. Sorta weird, if there was no arrest, and no driving, if they did that. New to me.

Yeah. When I await blood results from an OWI Arrest...it takes a lot longer than 48 hours to get those results back from the state crime lab, too.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 01:49 PM)
That was a turning point in my life, I now fear the hangover. No way I want to be barfing and sweating. :lolhitting

Your body just eventually tells you that you shouldnt be a drunk asshole, because each year the next day sucks more and more.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 02:46 PM)
Your body just eventually tells you that you shouldnt be a drunk asshole, because each year the next day sucks more and more.

Some people are born with the innate ability to ignore what their body tells them

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
How so? Are they losing some key player? Their clubhouse might be, but that's Leyland's job.

Its actually the guys that are coming back. Ordonez is now an $18 million slap hitter, and your top player seems to completely not give a s***.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
Its actually the guys that are coming back. Ordonez is now an $18 million slap hitter, and your top player seems to completely not give a s***.

On the other hand...they're going to have a top 3 of Verlander, Jackson, Porcello, they're still going to have Granderson, and whether or not Cabrera cares he's still going to hit .300+ and hit 30 some home runs and drive in 100 runs. Inge will still be there to kill us, Losing Polonco will probably hurt but then they may also get Zumaya back.

Friday's little outing is beginning to look like the tip of the proverbial iceberg...

Tigers warned Cabrera after bar altercation in August, reports show

Mike Martindale / The Detroit News

Birmingham -- During an altercation at a Birmingham bar in August, Detroit Tigers slugger Miguel Cabrera allegedly mocked a teenager about his weight and challenged a man to a fight in an incident that resulted in no criminal charges but prompted Tigers management to order Cabrera to avoid the bar, according to information provided to The Detroit News.

But Cabrera apparently returned to the Townsend on Saturday, police said, in the hours before he returned home drunk and got into a fight with his wife that prompted a call to police. Cabrera was taken from the home by police but not charged.

A representative of the Tigers told police that Cabrera admitted he lost his composure on Aug. 31 in the Rugby Grille at the Townsend Hotel and blamed it on his recent batting woes and marital troubles with his wife. He had just gone 1 for 14 against Tampa Bay and told Tigers officials his wife had returned to their native Venezuela.

On Saturday, Cabrera's trouble began at 6 a.m. when he returned home with a blood-alcohol level that was three times over the legal limit for driving.

The $14 million-a-year ballplayer allegedly upset his wife, Roseangel, by waking his 4-year-old daughter as he talked on a cell phone when he came home Saturday morning. After a brief struggle, she called police from an upstairs bedroom, Birmingham Police Chief Richard Patterson said Monday.

"I need help please ... ," a sobbing, barely coherent woman whispered to police in a 911 phone call reviewed by The Detroit News.

Police later took Miguel Cabrera from the home.

In the August incident, according to the information, a man told Birmingham police that he and an unnamed teen encountered Cabrera at the Rugby Grille on Aug. 31 about 6:30 p.m. Cabrera allegedly asked the teen, who weighs about 300 pounds, "What's up, big boy? You need to work out," according to the information provided to The News.

The teen then asked Cabrera to stop taunting him and said, "Let me be."

But it became confrontational, the man told police: Cabrera allegedly challenged the man and the teen. "Let's go right now. I'll fight both of you right now. Let's go outside." At one point, the man told police he felt that Cabrera intimated that he had a gun, saying he was going to go to his vehicle and get his "click-clack" and making a motion with his hands that he interpreted as the racking of a handgun.

Richard Fenton, the Tigers security representative, told police that he later searched Cabrera's vehicle and did not find a weapon, and he said Cabrera indicated he did not have a gun. The incident prompted the Tigers to hold a meeting with Cabrera, General Manager Dave Dombrowski and a team lawyer, Fenton told police. It was then that Cabrera was told to stay out of the Townsend.

More at the link above...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 03:09 PM)
On the other hand...they're going to have a top 3 of Verlander, Jackson, Porcello, they're still going to have Granderson, and whether or not Cabrera cares he's still going to hit .300+ and hit 30 some home runs and drive in 100 runs. Inge will still be there to kill us, Losing Polonco will probably hurt but then they may also get Zumaya back.

Jackson who fell apart down the stretch, and Verlander who is going to be a TJ special the way he is getting ridden.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 04:00 PM)
Not to mention the awful contracts they might have to hand to Washburn, and Huff.

???

It's as simple as saying they are not interested in either, there is no law that they have to negotiate with them, it's not like they are in any sort of jeopardy.

Btw, robertson makes ten million next season, talk about a garbage contract.

QUOTE (qwerty @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 05:14 PM)
???

It's as simple as saying they are not interested in either, there is no law that they have to negotiate with them, it's not like they are in any sort of jeopardy.

Btw, robertson makes ten million next season, talk about a garbage contract.

The issue with Washburn and Huff is about offering them ARB. Another awful contract is the Dontrelle Willis extension they gave out.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Oct 5, 2009 -> 02:17 PM)
Another awful contract is the Dontrelle Willis extension they gave out.

This was an incredibly dumb move on their part, even if it did allow them to trade for Cabrera. You could see Dontrelle falling apart long before Detroit traded for/extended him...

2006 FLA - 112 ERA+, 1.42 WHIP

2007 FLA - 83 ERA+, 1.60 WHIP

Who in their right mind gives that guy a massive contract extension?

Edited by WCSox