2010 MLB Catch-All Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 02:00 AM)
Ahhhh, I still remember seeing a random ESPN headline that BMac was traded away for some guy named John Danks and being so pissed. Turns out that Kenny Williams guy knows what he is doing.....at least some of the time

I absolutely hated the trade. I couldn't have been more wrong.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 08:48 AM)
I was actually pretty ecstatic about the trade, everyday my one friend would tell me how awesome the trio of Danks, Volquez, Diamond(DVD) were going to be. Id always tell him the only one I cared for of the bunch was Danks. :lolhitting

Isn't it funny that of the DVD trio, the one that the Rangers held onto sucked and they traded the other 2 (1 of whom is an All-Star, the other who will be one) for often injured players?

I remember being mad, because I thought we traded Freddy to allow McCarthy to pitch. I remember rooting for Danks to bury Floyd.

Now I like them both :D.

For actual "at the time" reaction, the McCarthy trade was probably the most surprising one I've seen with the White Sox. It was just a given he'd be in the rotation in 2007, and next thing you know he's traded on a weekend before Christmas. It took everybody aback. It certainly worked out for us.

QUOTE (flavum @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
Jason Heyward is out with shin splints. Very painful.

He does kind of look like baseball Greg Oden. Hope he heals quick. He's an unbelievable talent.

That sucks. The braves really, really need his bat if they want to compete in that division.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Mar 28, 2010 -> 08:12 PM)
Garland is the Padres opening day starter.

Man, if we traded Hudson, Torres & others for Gonzalez, their entire rotation could very well be made of ex-Sox (Garland, Hudson, Poreda (if he starts again), Torres, and Richard)

Mat Latos would be in there somewhere.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 09:49 AM)
Ridiculous...

Why can't we get some love here?

Did you see the allstar game last year? Or the playoffs in 05? Obama has given plenty of love. He has some duties and pretending to support DC sports is one of them. GWB did it too I believe

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 10:13 AM)
It is the 100th anniversary of the president throwing out the first pitch. Why do it for the Nationals though. I understand he resides in Washington D.C.

where did the tradition start? I want to say Cincy, but that seems wrong.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 30, 2010 -> 01:46 PM)
Who does that put into the kitties 5th starter spot? Willis? Galaragga?

It will be Willis. They are counting on his good spring training era (though still walks the world) to carry over to the season, not to mention that contract they are paying him. Their rotation is mostly set..

Verlander, Porcello, Scherzer, Bonderman, Willis.