Few things heard around the organization.

justBLAZE

I cut the Vizquel part and put it in the appropriate thread.

Full article.

On the same day that the Sox took a step in adding a veteran presence like Vizquel, however, talks with free agent Scott Podsednik have taken two steps back. According to a source, enough so that Williams is looking elsewhere for a leadoff hitter right now.

"Do we need Pods, yes,'' Guillen said of the situation. "Do we want him? Yes. But we have to make the best deal for this organization. That's not my problem right now. That's on Kenny, Rick and [board chairman] Jerry [Reinsdorf] to decide.''

Gone camping

According to pitching coach Don Cooper, for the first time in his tenure, the club will have a pitching summit in January for a group of major and minor-league pitchers in the organization to come together in Chicago, making sure they are practicing what the club is preaching from their hurlers.

"Something kind of new we're thinking about,'' Cooper said. "Bring our system together even more in Chicago. Get the minor-league people and their DNA knowing what we do. Whatever it might be. We're bringing a few guys in for that. We want them to know what to expect at this level. In my mind it's trying to get some guys over the hump. It's trying to continue to reunite our whole pitching system. We're bringing in certain guys on the 8,9 and 10th of January to have a little pitching meeting.

"I don't need Freddy Garcia or Jake Peavy to come to this. John Danks might come, but the main thing I'm doing is looking at numbers and formulating ideas.''

I demand to know the sources.

Regardless, these Pods talks are just getting confusing, and are kinda like a couple after a rough breakup.

Sox: We want you! But we can't make that commitment.

Pods: But I'm looking for a long term commitment!

Sox: Fine we'll look elsewhere! Wait, no, we need you!

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Nov 20, 2009 -> 05:11 PM)
It's funny how those talks with Pods are so back and forth. I still think it might be a stunt for him to lower his demands.

Then again Scott in LF doesn't excite me too much.

I'd be pretty surprised if Pods, should he resign, repeated last year's performance and stayed healthy.

Is there anyone out there, besides Crisp, who may be an option that Williams is looking at? Of course, this could be something that Williams looks to address via trade if the free agent options aren't to Williams liking.