What's your OCD?

Heads22

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 05:02 PM)
I cannot sleep at night unless my bedroom door is closed and locked.

I also always put salt and pepper on my food before I take a bite.

A lot of times discretely "pat" the outside of my pocket to make sure my wallet is still there. I always have a phobia of losing it.

Definitely do this too. Whenever I'm out somewhere, I do a wallet, phone, keys check every time I get up or go somewhere else, etc. And I do it by patting all of those pockets to feel them there. Right front pocket (phone), left front pocket (keys), back right pocket (wallet)

Hm.

I really can't even think of any major OCD ways that I have.

. . .

I have to take a shower before leaving the house to do anything. Even if it's work outside and I'll get sweaty. I can't just wake up, throw clothing and a hat on, then leave without showering first.

I turn the defrost/heat/AC gauges off every time I park my car.

I'm a major grammar/spelling "snob." It makes me crazy to see stuff written poorly. - I will edit all of your titles/posts here and fix things if given a chance. ;)

We had a presentation at work on new software that we acquired. They had a guy doing a demo of the software remotely as we watched his computer screen being projected in one of our conference rooms. Whenever he switched over to his web browser I kept getting so annoyed that his bookmark tool bar had the full unedited names saved so that he could only save about 5 links on the toolbar. It took everything in me to not interrupt and tell him that he could edit those to make them shorter so that instead of things like "Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more" he could change it to "Amazon".

My wife does the same thing and I periodically get on her laptop to shorten her links.

Edited by BigSqwert

I check my alarm clock repeatedly each night - re-check the time, re-check that its on, turn it off, turn it on... a few times. Not sure why I bother, as its always set for 5:15am anyway, and if I missed it, I'd be awoken by the sounds of a crying toddler shortly after that anyway. I don't do that for anything else, really.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 02:01 AM)
All the dollar bills in my wallet are arranged with the largest ones in the back, all with the presidents front and up. Whenever I had a cash register all my bills would be in the register like this too.

LOL. I used to do the same thing when I worked at a drug store and still do the same thing with my wallet. It legitimately bothers me when my bills in my wallet are not like that.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 05:02 PM)
A lot of times discretely "pat" the outside of my pocket to make sure my wallet is still there. I always have a phobia of losing it.

Oh I probably do that ten times a night when I go out. Gotta make sure the phone and wallet and sometimes keys are still in the pockets.

I also refuse to drink out of public water fountains and I'm not sure why but it just grosses me out. I think that's more of a phobia though.

Edited by ChiSox_Sonix

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 01:42 PM)
Whenever I eat I make sure everything on my plate is separated. For example, random pieces of corn must be removed from the potatoes before beginning.

Also, each type of food must be completed before moving on to something else.

This.

Also candy must be eaten in color order.

I always set my alarm for a palindrome.

The black (or white) board must be completely erased before I can start/move on lecturing.

I think that's mostly it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 07:42 AM)
I check my alarm clock repeatedly each night - re-check the time, re-check that its on, turn it off, turn it on... a few times. Not sure why I bother, as its always set for 5:15am anyway, and if I missed it, I'd be awoken by the sounds of a crying toddler shortly after that anyway. I don't do that for anything else, really.

Except for the toddler backup system, this is me. And even if I have JUST CHECKED IT, if my wife then turns to me and asks if I have set the alarm, I have to check it again. I KNOW she does that to me on purpose sometimes. Also pat pockets constantly checking on wallet and keys.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 01:45 PM)
I have too many to list here to be honest. I should probably get some meds.

Eh, don't waste your time meds aren't particularly effective for OCD. Gots to get some Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for it.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 12:43 PM)
Also pat pockets constantly checking on wallet and keys.

This is probably my main one. Pretty much anytime I get up to move I check to make sure I got my wallet in my right pocket and cellphone/keys in my left.

Also do the re-checking of the alarm and putting my money in my wallet in order of value.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 11:42 AM)
Whenever I eat I make sure everything on my plate is separated. For example, random pieces of corn must be removed from the potatoes before beginning.

Also, each type of food must be completed before moving on to something else.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Dec 20, 2009 -> 04:02 PM)

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 07:42 AM)

I'm guilty of all of this.

There's also some others that I have. I normally have to check that a door is locked seconds after I knowingly locked it. I also can not touch public washroom fixtures with my open palm. I'll either use my foot or the back of my hand to flush a toilet or urinal, and use my knuckles to turn on/off the faucet.

Edited by Nunnigan

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Dec 21, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
When doing a puzzle with my 3 yr old and she walks away after putting in 3 pieces, I have to finish it...no matter how many times we have put it together. Then she comes back and is like...Oh daddy, good job you did the puzzle and I'm like dam right I did....you quitter!!

:lolhitting

Sounds like my oldest. She's always got big project aspirations but she's much better at delegating tasks to Dad than actually doing the work herself. I think she has a bright career as a general contractor.