Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (knightni @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
Soooo, any of you guys take my advice on using Webb as a flex player?

195 Yds 0 Int - 31 Yds rush 1 TD

I picked him up, didn't start him though. I still won. Didn't make a difference.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
I wonder how the Bears will approach Sunday's game.

The Giants are pretty much screwed if the Bears end up sitting some guys.

NFL is wacky and anything can happen, but with the 2 meaningful games to the bears at 12 and bears at 3, they should have no chance at the 1st at that point, so we'll see what Lovie does

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
I wonder how the Bears will approach Sunday's game.

The Giants are pretty much screwed if the Bears end up sitting some guys.

Falcons play CAR & Saints play TB, both at home at noon. If either of those teams win, the Bears have nothing to gain with the late game. I know Lovie talks a lot of hate against the Packers, but I don't see them all giving 100%, which does screw both the Giants & the Buccs.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 11:29 PM)
NFL is wacky and anything can happen, but with the 2 meaningful games to the bears at 12 and bears at 3, they should have no chance at the 1st at that point, so we'll see what Lovie does

Lovie currently has said he'll prepare his guys with the plans that they're going to play a normal game.

That said...they said exactly the same thing in 2006 going into a meaningless game against the Packers, and Grossman had a 0 QB rating.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)

If the Vikings can beat the Eagles, then the Panthers can beat the Falcons. I hope Jimmy Claussen becomes Tom Brady and Jonathan Stewart goes AP on Atlanta.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 10:31 PM)
Lovie currently has said he'll prepare his guys with the plans that they're going to play a normal game.

That said...they said exactly the same thing in 2006 going into a meaningless game against the Packers, and Grossman had a 0 QB rating.

ah yes, that was when I believe Rex actually admitted he was worrying about his New Years Eve party plans and not the game plan.

With a guaranteed bye, I would like to see the regulars play at least a 1/2

I'm not the biggest fan of playing the backups when you have a bye week anyways, since it basically means two weeks off and can lead to rust. I'd also like to see the Bears stick it up the Packers' ass and keep them out of the playoffs since not only are they a hateable bunch, but also a very dangerous team. However, past evidence tells us that assuming the Bears are locked into the #2 seed by gametime (and they almost guaranteed will be with Atlanta hosting Carolina), they'll probably go into operation shutdown and roll out the red carpet for the Packers playoff train. Which likely won't come back to haunt them since if the Bears are the #2, they couldn't play Green Bay until the NFC Title game anyways. But you never know. Either way, having the bye is huge, the Bears really needed it to be a legit Super Bowl threat IMO.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 11:38 PM)
I'm not the biggest fan of playing the backups when you have a bye week anyways, since it basically means two weeks off and can lead to rust. I'd also like to see the Bears stick it up the Packers' ass and keep them out of the playoffs since not only are they a hateable bunch, but also a very dangerous team. However, past evidence tells us that assuming the Bears are locked into the #2 seed by gametime (and they almost guaranteed will be with Atlanta hosting Carolina), they'll probably go into operation shutdown and roll out the red carpet for the Packers playoff train. Which likely won't come back to haunt them since if the Bears are the #2, they couldn't play Green Bay until the NFC Title game anyways. But you never know. Either way, having the bye is huge, the Bears really needed it to be a legit Super Bowl threat IMO.

The Bears have already locked up the #2 seed. All they have left to play for is the #1 seed, but again, Carolina has to beat ATL and TB has to beat NO for that to happen, and both those games are at noon.

Either way, I'm kinda bummed we're going to allow the Packers to waltz into the playoffs.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
The Bears have already locked up the #2 seed. All they have left to play for is the #1 seed, but again, Carolina has to beat ATL and TB has to beat NO for that to happen, and both those games are at noon.

Either way, I'm kinda bummed we're going to allow the Packers to waltz into the playoffs.

I'm bummed about it because the Packers and their fans have REALLY got on my nerves this year with their overinflated sense of the worth of their team. I'm more bummed about it because as much as the Packers have been overrated all year, they are still dangerous. Although like I said, if the Bears end up the #2 and not the #1 (which is almost a lock), they couldn't play until the NFC Title game anyways and such a scenario would mean the Bears would be at home in that game, which isn't exactly a bad thing.

Edited by whitesoxfan101