Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I need to fly two weekends from now (e.g., playoff weekend). Does anyone know whether the Bears (if a 3 seed) would be playing on Saturday or Sunday? I want to know. If they play on Saturday, than I'd fly out for my meeting on Sunday. If they play on Sunday, than I'd fly out on Saturday. If I don't know, than I'm flying out Friday night.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
So I need to fly two weekends from now (e.g., playoff weekend). Does anyone know whether the Bears (if a 3 seed) would be playing on Saturday or Sunday? I want to know. If they play on Saturday, than I'd fly out for my meeting on Sunday. If they play on Sunday, than I'd fly out on Saturday. If I don't know, than I'm flying out Friday night.

Then I'd probably book my flight for Friday night. I doubt you find out when the Bears play until after the Rams/Seahawks game Sunday night. The NFL usually waits until all matchups are set until they decide on and announce who plays when.

Jenn Sterger's Attorney: Brett Favre Getting Special Treatment From NFL

Jenn Sterger's lawyer, Joseph Conway, told Sports Business Daily today that he believes the NFL is giving Minnesota Vikings quarterback Brett Favre preferential treatment.

"He is a high-profile athlete and a star in this league," Conway said. "He did do it or he didn't do it. There are lots of reasons to believe he is getting preferential treatment."

Sterger accused Favre of sending her racy voicemails and naked pictures two years ago when both worked for the New York Jets.

The 41-year-old started for the Vikings in their Monday night game against the Chicago Bears last week and was knocked out early after suffering a concussion. He is listed as doubtful for Tuesday night's game against the Philadelphia Eagles.

The NFL announced last week that they have not come to a conclusion in the investigation.

Earlier in December, Sterger's manager, Phil Reese, said his client wants the investigation to end before the season is over.

Reese said in October that if the league doesn't punish Favre, Sterger might go public with her evidence.

Favre admitted to leaving Sterger voicemails before a Week 7 game against the Green Bay Packers, but denied sending naked photos.

It's pretty clear to me that the NFL is deliberately waiting until the season is over, and hopefully Brett retires, to "punish" him. They'll probably "dump" the punishment on some Friday afternoon.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

Good luck with that Ms. Sterger.

Had you been serious about this whole charade, you would have reported it to your employer when it happened. Most places dont take 2 year old complaints very seriously, especially when you are complaining about some one who did something under a different employer (Jets and Vikings are not the same ownership group.)

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)

Had you been serious about this whole charade, you would have reported it to your employer when it happened. Most places dont take 2 year old complaints very seriously, especially when you are complaining about some one who did something under a different employer (Jets and Vikings are not the same ownership group.)

There's always a second issue though, that person's career. Coming forwards while even a partial-employee of the team, or while having to deal with that team in any capacity, could have led to negative repercussions for her career.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 04:00 PM)

She didn't complain. It all got leaked by a friend she told and showed the pics to.

I was just doing some reading on Wikipedia and read something I guess I never knew before: What is the OLDEST rivalry in the NFL? (Tip: It is NOT Bears/Packers)

This is actually an easy question, but I never realized the answer because of all the hype over Bears/Packers.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

The list of coaches either fired or on the hot seat is pretty long this year

Den McDaniels(fired)

Dal Phillips(fired)

SF Singletary(fired)

Min Childress(fired)

Hot seat

NYG Coughlin

Cin Lewis

Jac Del Rio

SD Turner(im including him even though he got a vote of confidence from his team president)

Tex Kubiak

Mia Sparano

Car Foxx

Ari Whisenhunt

Ind Caldwell

That is quite a big possibility of massive turnover this year

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 05:23 PM)
The list of coaches either fired or on the hot seat is pretty long this year

Den McDaniels(fired)

Dal Phillips(fired)

SF Singletary(fired)

Min Childress(fired)

Hot seat

NYG Coughlin

Cin Lewis

Jac Del Rio

SD Turner(im including him even though he got a vote of confidence from his team president)

Tex Kubiak

Mia Sparano

Car Foxx

Ari Whisenhunt

Ind Caldwell

That is quite a big possibility of massive turnover this year

Caldwell? His owner thinks he should win coach of the year for dealing with all the injuries he has...