Official 2010-11 NFL Thread

knightni

Team President Bill Polian had this to say: "Regardless of the outcome (of this season), we went to the Super Bowl last year and won 16 games. Regardless of what our final record is this year, Jim Caldwell has done the best coaching job of anybody in the National Football League this year to keep this team afloat given everything that's gone on. But they're believers and they have big hearts."

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 06:08 PM)
ok, thats fine. Just regurgitating a list I have seen previously. No need to get your panties in a bunch, lol

Another name I didnt have on my list was Mangini in Cleveland. He has done better than expected this year, but he just isnt Holmgrens guy

Yeah, a lot of people think Mangini is gone. I think they should stay with him.

Its tough being a lame duck coach, not many of them last far beyond a GM/Team President change. To be honest with you I was surprised Holmgren kept him this year, but the more I thought about it the more it made sense. It is an assessment year for Holmgren, he can determine which players stay and which players get moved/cut and replaced through FA and the draft. Nobody thought the Browns had a chance to do anything this year, so anything positive is gravy. So Holmgren doesnt have the problem of his guy mucking through the previous regimes disaster during this season and he can let Mangini fall on the ax when it is time to take the next step and then hire the coach he feels can bring the team to the next level.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 04:23 PM)
The list of coaches either fired or on the hot seat is pretty long this year

Den McDaniels(fired)

Dal Phillips(fired)

SF Singletary(fired)

Min Childress(fired)

Hot seat

NYG Coughlin

Cin Lewis

Jac Del Rio

SD Turner(im including him even though he got a vote of confidence from his team president)

Tex Kubiak

Mia Sparano

Car Foxx

Ari Whisenhunt

Ind Caldwell

That is quite a big possibility of massive turnover this year

I think Coughlin begins next year on the hot seat. I think Lewis is gone. Del Rio will stay. Turner will stay. Kubiak is definitely staying from what I've heard. Sparano is 50-50. Foxx is probably gone. Wisenhunt should be off the list. And Caldwell never belonged on it. I think Cable should be on the list, but won't be because they semi-overachieved this year.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 09:24 PM)
I think Coughlin begins next year on the hot seat. I think Lewis is gone. Del Rio will stay. Turner will stay. Kubiak is definitely staying from what I've heard. Sparano is 50-50. Foxx is probably gone. Wisenhunt should be off the list. And Caldwell never belonged on it. I think Cable should be on the list, but won't be because they semi-overachieved this year.

If this were a normal season I think that there would be a lot more casualties. I think the lack of a labor agreement right now protects some of the guys who are on the fence, because you don't want to be without a coach for 6 months if there is an abbreviated training camp of some sort next year, and you don't want to be paying 2 coaches at the same time with no revenue coming in.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 11:00 PM)
And just like that, I win third place in my fantasy league and the Vikings go back up by 10. Double awesome-ness.

I'm headed to the championship game in my league thanks to Vick and Jackson sucking it up. WAY more importantly, this helps the Bears a TON if he Vikes can hold on.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 01:33 PM)
So I need to fly two weekends from now (e.g., playoff weekend). Does anyone know whether the Bears (if a 3 seed) would be playing on Saturday or Sunday? I want to know. If they play on Saturday, than I'd fly out for my meeting on Sunday. If they play on Sunday, than I'd fly out on Saturday. If I don't know, than I'm flying out Friday night.

nevermind my previous post. Fly whenever you want, Bears are not playing that weekend!

Remember at the beginning of the season when everyone was saying that the Bears had no chance because they had such a tough schedule?

Remember how, going into week 17, the Bears have been said to be lucky and won the "equivalent to the MAC"?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
Remember at the beginning of the season when everyone was saying that the Bears had no chance because they had such a tough schedule?

Remember how, going into week 17, the Bears have been said to be lucky and won the "equivalent to the MAC"?

When the Bears were 4-3 I was watching Chicago Tribune Live. John Moon Mullin predicted the Bears would go 10-6, everyone on the panel tried laughing him off the set. They said no way. They will be lucky to win 2 more games.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Dec 28, 2010 -> 10:23 PM)
When the Bears were 4-3 I was watching Chicago Tribune Live. John Moon Mullin predicted the Bears would go 10-6, everyone on the panel tried laughing him off the set. They said no way. They will be lucky to win 2 more games.

rofl I remember that. except I was laughing at him too. LOLOL.