Garfien: Sox made serious play for Halladay

IamPabloOzuna

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 07:07 PM)
Everyone who doesn't kiss a-- with the moderators or defer to their every judgment about the world (or White Sox) is quickly eviscerated or labelled a "dark cloud."

I always like to do an advanced google search on that board for threads a year old or so. They are funny because it seems half the posts are by people who have banned next to their status. Being a moderator there must be a full time job just banning people .

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 06:48 PM)
If you want the "group think" positivism, you might prefer other Sox message boards, IMO.

Trust me, that's worse than anything you see here. At least this site isn't NEARLY as filtered or controlling of its posters, as long as they stay fairly civil and back up their arguments with substance and not just personal attacks.

This is easily the most civil forum I've ever been part of, probably because most people act smart, but theres zero tolerance for flaming.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)
I always like to do an advanced google search on that board for threads a year old or so. They are funny because it seems half the posts are by people who have banned next to their status. Being a moderator there must be a full time job just banning people .

What site are you referring to? I was banned from SouthSideSox for like 2 1/2 years for saying I hoped Boone Logan dies. Remember that one game where he had like 3 throwing errors in the inning? I said something to the effect of "I hope Boone Logan dies!" and I got banned. I was unbanned before the 2009 season when SB nation changed their site and everyone became unbanned. Then they banned me AGAIN for having "My president is white" in my status. It was a mock of the rap song that goes "My president is black, my lambo is blue, ..ect" and a play on the fact that Obama is half black and half white. They took that as somehow making me racist, even though I support Obama, and banned me for life with the nice little message "I gave you the opportunity to prove you weren't a Giant Douche. You failed."

That site is informative, but god damn do they suck up to the "almighty" Cheat. And a bunch of uptight people too that can't handle a little satire signature. If China has a website equivalent, it would be southsidesox.com lol.

I enjoy SouthSideSox, but they need more content and analysis. The articles produced by SSS pale in comparison to what Athletics Nation, LonestarBall, and Lookout Landing provide for their team on a consistent basis. They're often quality, but i don't think they come out consistently enough to inspire any sort of deep discussion. Their comments sections nearly always devolve into unmoderated ramblings, thus making whatever discussion an article could have provided null and the members make no use out of the excellent fanshots service the site provides. And no, we were referring to a certain other message board that rhymes with WSI.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 10:51 PM)
I enjoy SouthSideSox, but they need more content and analysis. The articles produced by SSS pale in comparison to what Athletics Nation, LonestarBall, and Lookout Landing provide for their team on a consistent basis. They're often quality, but i don't think they come out consistently enough to inspire any sort of deep discussion. Their comments sections nearly always devolve into unmoderated ramblings, thus making whatever discussion an article could have provided null and the members make no use out of the excellent fanshots service the site provides. And no we were referring to a certain other message board that rhymes with WSI.

The whole comment section is always full of inside jokes and the same recycled opinions repeated over and over. There are rarely intelligent conversations that don't include "you OPOS" or "The Twins have already won the division". Like I said, I still visit the site to read for Sox news and often during the season there for game recaps, but the discussions there make the Youtube comment sections look like scholars.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)

Yep. Too many mods with too many emotions.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Feb 23, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
What site are you referring to? I was banned from SouthSideSox for like 2 1/2 years for saying I hoped Boone Logan dies. Remember that one game where he had like 3 throwing errors in the inning? I said something to the effect of "I hope Boone Logan dies!" and I got banned. I was unbanned before the 2009 season when SB nation changed their site and everyone became unbanned. Then they banned me AGAIN for having "My president is white" in my status. It was a mock of the rap song that goes "My president is black, my lambo is blue, ..ect" and a play on the fact that Obama is half black and half white. They took that as somehow making me racist, even though I support Obama, and banned me for life with the nice little message "I gave you the opportunity to prove you weren't a Giant Douche. You failed."

That site is informative, but god damn do they suck up to the "almighty" Cheat. And a bunch of uptight people too that can't handle a little satire signature. If China has a website equivalent, it would be southsidesox.com lol.

You would have gotten banned at another site for those comments. It bothers me when sites ban but don't warn or ask you to change something. Sure, you may have violated TOA, but sometimes you see people push the envelope a bit and nothing happens, then one person takes a step farther and get banned without warning.