Sox @ Cubs

Brian

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 05:01 PM)
yeah, but you can argue mechanics/looking at durability are part of evaluating prospects, and with Wood there were red flags all over the place with that guy when it came to that area.

They had the raw stuff and enough numbers to prove that they could have made something of themselves if they'd stayed healthy long enough. Wood and Prior are more about the chances they missed because of injury, then the potential they had. Because they met that potential, their arms just gave out on them early in the process.

Nice win today versus our inept northside neighbors and their train wreck of a pitching staff.

Watching the 3 televised games so far this spring, I like these 2010 White Sox. The aggressive base running is putting pressure on the opposing pitcher, catcher and defense, and creating opportunities. It's great to see one single (if preceded by a walk and a steal) produce a run, instead of the 3 hits it often took in the past. The Sox defense looks better, and the pitching looks solid (welcome to the Sox J.J. Putz).

It's still early in the spring, but I like what I see.

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Mar 6, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
Nice win today versus our inept northside neighbors and their train wreck of a pitching staff.

Watching the 3 televised games so far this spring, I like these 2010 White Sox. The aggressive base running is putting pressure on the opposing pitcher, catcher and defense, and creating opportunities. It's great to see one single (if preceded by a walk and a steal) produce a run, instead of the 3 hits it often took in the past. The Sox defense looks better, and the pitching looks solid (welcome to the Sox J.J. Putz).

It's still early in the spring, but I like what I see.

I know Ozzie is having everyone run, just to see what they can do. But I find it pretty encouraging that as a team, we are 10 for 11 in SB.

Quentin homers twice as Sox wallop Cubs 15-3

MESA, Ariz. --- Carlos Quentin reminded everybody back in Chicago just how dangerous he can be when he's pain-free. Quentin homered on his first two at-bats and drove in five runs Saturday, leading a White Sox split squad to a 15-3 victory over the Cubs in the first of five spring exhibitions between the intracity rivals.

Words to my ears... all of it.